lim peh ka li kong 令伯卡你讲

Skill and style of telling stories is as per what you see - Singlish plus Hokkien dialects. Kam siah for coming into my BLOG and read, thank you! All content is copywrite "Old Beng" unless otherwise noted.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Meeting Up

lim peh ka li kong

I always admire people who can make friends easily especially in our fast moving society nowadays. Just ask yourself, how many closed friends do you have and how often do you meet up?

I have always been quite proud of myself as I considered myself a quite easy-going person and can "click" with all types of people, from blue-collared workers (like Old Beng) to the white-collared workers (Executives and managers).

Then I met this person whom I think he is more sociable than Old Beng me and he is also very knowledgeable - Qin Shi Huang.

Those who know me will know that me started to write Old Beng's tales in Yahoo Messenger Board and from there me got to know many cyber friends. Through our correspondences we know one another better and then I met them - Qin Shi Huang and ipromisethiswonthurt.

They say by a person's written articles, one is able to tell and judge a person's characters and personality. I think in this cyber world we are having now, this is not true at all.

Last Saturday, I met up with both Qin Shi Huang and Ipromise for a late breakfast at a coffeeshop near my place. As one of them is staying in the extreme West and the other in the extreme East so we agreed to meet in the middle. The meeting was fixed last minute thus not able to get more people to join us although we knew many more were also interested to meet up with us. We will arrange for another meeting again and hope that by then there will be more cyber friends joining us.

I was rather happy that in spite of my very late notice, both Qin and Ipromise were able to squeeze their time and agreed to meet up at my place.

While I was waiting for them to come, I heard a knock on my door and when I opened the door I saw a man with 2 big bags of things and from the first sight I knew he was a door to door salesman.

Before that salesman could say anything, Old Beng me immediately said, "No, my house got everything and anything so me don't need anything from you so thank you and goodbye and have a nice day." After I finished, me closed the door.

"Knock, knock." The salesman outside still wanted to try his luck on me? So Old Beng me went to open the door again and this time the sales man spoke up first," Er... are you Old Beng?"

Yuh? How he knew me is Old Beng? "Yes? I am Old Beng."

"Old Beng! I am Ipromise la."

Alamak!! He was Ipromise not a door to door salesman. Wa-piang-er, why he carried so many barang barang?

"Sorry hor, I don't know it's you sorry and please come in." Me quickly opened the door for Ipromise to come in.

"Old Beng, these 2 bags of toys are for your children to play." Ipromise passed his 2 bags full of toys to me.

"Ai-yo, ipromise, no need to waste money one la but thank you hor." Me then called my 12 children out to greet uncle Ipromise and after that they vanished into their rooms and played with their new toys.

Then, Qin Shi Huang came although he was late as usual but emperor late very common la and furthermore, emperor leh, who dare to tell him off? As my house was a little bit small, so we decided to go down to the coffee shop near my house and to have some prata there.

Only when we sat down did I have the chance to look at both of them.

Ipromise - Very manly look and very built, a little look like the actor Arnold Schwarzenegger and because he is an avid tennis player, his right arm is very muscular.

Qin - very emperor look and everytime he walked past me, I can feel the wind.

Old Beng - Old uncle and because of the stress he faces everyday, he looks older than his age.

3 of us had a good late breakfast and talked on many issues and finally around 1230 pm we went our separate ways.

To be honest, I was quite surprised that the cyber friends I made via YMB or my Blog are actually willing to meet up and have a chat. We know that sometimes, all the cyber characters are all just made-to-believe only and a cyber person with a male name may turn up to be a girl and vice versa.

It is, however, very interesting when you meet up and then you realised that what you visualise all the while and seeing the actual person is 2 complete different things and that, to me, is a beauty.

Yeah, probably when my cyber friends see me they will XYZ me maybe because in actual life, Old Beng isn't that Beng after all, but as I said before, Old Beng is just a character I used for my story lines, so don't mix it all up.

lim peh kong wan liao

Labels:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

31 Comments:

  • At Monday, October 31, 2005 4:48:00 PM , Blogger sÞ¡ηηєє said...

    blah... why no prata for me :(

     
  • At Monday, October 31, 2005 5:37:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Huh! when i meet my ex he was slim and lovely boy like jay chou, why now become a big potato.

    Luckily separated fast fast.
    Thanks old beng for yr description.

    666
    Please meet at a nicer place. Wat is mama?

     
  • At Monday, October 31, 2005 5:44:00 PM , Blogger 孺子牛 said...

    Old Beng/I promise,

    Great to meet up with you guys. I have my reasons for being late. I will post something to explain my lateness. Btw, it was true that there was an accident in AYE on that day which I was stuck in the traffic for about 20mins or so. You can't predict accident, do you?

    One thing that I could expected is I knew I am the youngest amongst three of you. Hahah, but too bad I didn't paid for the prata.


    666, guess you have done the right thing in your life. hahahaha.

     
  • At Monday, October 31, 2005 6:13:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I miss very much the prata in Singapore. Hope to meet up with you guys when I'm back......

     
  • At Monday, October 31, 2005 9:27:00 PM , Blogger 孺子牛 said...

    关人隐士,

    何时能露面,我倒想看看你是何方神圣?
    你的留言我看到了,有空咱们来吟诗。
    我年青时也有人给了我一个称呼-关人苟士,咱俩半斤八两。。。哈哈。

    关人苟士上

     
  • At Monday, October 31, 2005 10:16:00 PM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    ipromise
    No need to be so humble la, your right arm really very muscular leh.

    Spinnee
    Ok next round we shall invite all the cyber friends. This time because I sent my lao-pok-ka van for service and did not expect it to be ready for collection at an earlier time thus the meeting was arranged very last minute. Knowing that it is rather rude to arrange meeting last minutes, I only called 2 of the closest ones. Trust the others who were left out won't be angry. Pei sei pai sei.

    Angie mei mei
    Old beng me no much cash therefore Kopi-tiam and Mamak-store are places I visit frequently. Mama in Tamil means uncle and Ah neh means brother.

    Lau qin,
    Oei, late means late, whatever reason it is. Time for lateness should be taken into consideration too. Anyway, it's alright la, think I got used to it liao further more you came all the way from the East to Clementi, excusable and understandable BUT the next meeting shall be arranged by you can?

    关人隐士
    几时返来? 得个讲字!

     
  • At Tuesday, November 01, 2005 6:40:00 PM , Blogger blueapple said...

    Ah? So u're the Old Beng in yahoo msg board huh...

     
  • At Tuesday, November 01, 2005 8:39:00 PM , Blogger 孺子牛 said...

    I promise,

    Well said, especially this sentence - his home is small if you compare it with Qin’s palace.
    Hahaha.

    Brother Beng,

    Take care, buy a packet of tussil.

     
  • At Tuesday, November 01, 2005 10:28:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    "For those of you who are wondering what Old Beng looks like. He’s quite good looking and muscular(unlike the regular Bamboo sellers). If I were to liken him with some famous people, I would say he is somewhere between Jackie Cheung and Andy Lau. "

    WOW~~~~~Jackie Cheung and Andy lau?? The range abit too wide.. haha

     
  • At Wednesday, November 02, 2005 9:19:00 AM , Blogger sÞ¡ηηєє said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At Wednesday, November 02, 2005 10:35:00 AM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    ipromise
    How can you deceive our cyber friends about my look? But I do agree that I have the mix-look of Jacky's and Andy's grandpa, wahahaha

    I asked my children on the issue of the returning of toys and they told me that they already had the 2 remote control cars and therefore returned them to you for your sons to play instead. The mistake they made was not telling you before hand and that, we have reprimanded them.

    Malu man, you notice the artistic creation of my cha-bo-lang on my right ear :(

    blueapple
    Yes, I am the same Old Beng from YMB, were you active in YMB before? If yes, and you are...?

    spinnee
    peiseh, next round ok?

     
  • At Wednesday, November 02, 2005 4:05:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    关人隐士
    Uncle Old Beng,

    Hm...Did you do a face-lift recently ? Your surgeon must have done a brillant job transforming you to a Jackie Cheung-Andy Lau look-alike, huh ??

    Hey, I'm going on vacation again this time to 云南. Have long wanted to go to 丽江古城 to see the 一米阳光 there. Perhaps also will swing by to 香格里拉 hopefully can find some romance there

     
  • At Thursday, November 03, 2005 10:33:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i m the one who gave comment on ur another story.

    i m a girl...

    i dun think ur house is tt small tt the 2 visitors hav no space 4 them..Ha Ha

    i suspect u live in a bungalow rite?
    In HDB how can hav dogs 4 10 yrs huh?
    i bet u r also tt rude 2 those saleman..

     
  • At Thursday, November 03, 2005 11:46:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    plz post ur picture as many of UR cyber frenz wans ur photo.

    other bolgs also have the blogger pictures displayed so u no nid to b pai seh of ur looks

    Or u scared ur wife angry....

    ouch it hurts....

     
  • At Friday, November 04, 2005 3:08:00 AM , Blogger Xorpheus said...

    Spinnee, if ppl really chio u out, U will come meh?

     
  • At Friday, November 04, 2005 9:46:00 AM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    Hello anonymous
    Are you the 11-year-old girl whose mum introduced to my blog? If you are, then I don't think you are 11 yrs old, right? No, I am not staying in a bungalow.

    If you were to read my blog starting with "lim peh ka li kong" than it is obviously a story for entertainment only.

    It's the certain points which I wanted to bring out to share, for example, "Meeting Up" talked about my meeting with cyber friends; "The Lift" is of course talking about the everyday incident we may encounter in the lift; "Lucky Draw" is about time-sharing tricks; "Hawker Centre" is about tissue paper sales and so on. Certain issues were made-up to enhance the story better and "Old Beng" is just a character I used.

    Yes, I think you are right, "Old Beng" was rather rude with the "saleman" and I will ensure that he will pay more attention on his manners.

    Whose photo are you referring to? Mine or "Old Beng"? :P

    spinnee
    Your answer to xorpheus?

     
  • At Friday, November 04, 2005 10:55:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Old Beng,
    Quite some time since we last met up...!
    When the next gathering ??

     
  • At Friday, November 04, 2005 10:57:00 AM , Blogger sÞ¡ηηєє said...

    har?

     
  • At Friday, November 04, 2005 11:19:00 AM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    Something very strange is happening to my blog, I remembered seeing "spinnee" put a comment about "PIANG, STAY CLEMENTI BO JIO...", can spinnee confirm this?

    Cos today I realised it has been deleted but I did not delete the comment at all!

    Don't tell me I have been taking medication (sick since the past 2 weeks) until I so blur and did things I can't even re-called? Furthermore, I only delete spams comments and spinnee's comment is definitely not a spam? Scary sia.

     
  • At Friday, November 04, 2005 12:34:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Beng, you really blur-blog today.
    Spinnee's comments was "removed by the author". I think you need more medicine and more rest. Take care of your health. Refrain from wine, women and song, mostly song.

     
  • At Friday, November 04, 2005 12:53:00 PM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    Arnie
    That's the scary part, bro. I DIDN'T remove the comment and that's why I am confused.

    My style of deletion will not leave "removed by the author", it will be demolished totally without a trace, so???

    Think you are right, the half past six medication is giving me more harm than good.

    BTW, qin shi huang is organising a blogger's night next Sat, pls go to his blog for more info.

    spinnee
    I did not delete your comment, not with my sound-mind. A mistake somewhere.

     
  • At Friday, November 04, 2005 1:28:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    My mum actually wanted to sign up but she scared later get caught by the police as s'pore has 2 men get caught for writing bad things on malay culture....

    do u thik i should encourage her 2 sign up?

     
  • At Friday, November 04, 2005 1:46:00 PM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    anonymous
    Can you tell me your name, a nickname will do rather than anonymous.

    I think the problem depends on individual, I write blog and many do but only 2 men got themselves into trouble, why?

    No racists issues and be responsible in whatever you write, it is ok, you agree?

    BTW, who is your mum? You can tell me via my email if you dont want to expose her identity here.

    My email: old_beng@yahoo.com.sg

     
  • At Friday, November 04, 2005 2:31:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Old Beng,

    Please refrain from woman as you have not recovered completely.

     
  • At Friday, November 04, 2005 2:39:00 PM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    Ai-dios

    An eleven-year-old girl?

    Please, my son bigger than her.

    But, the wind, thanks for your concern, you are right, I am still sick after 2 weeks of cold, flu, fever, sorethroat and cough, sigh!!

     
  • At Friday, November 04, 2005 6:53:00 PM , Blogger sÞ¡ηηєє said...

    i delete one..... dun wanna pple know where i live.. aiyo!!!

    *FAINT*

     
  • At Friday, November 04, 2005 10:05:00 PM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    spinnee
    ha ha i know :p

     
  • At Friday, November 04, 2005 10:57:00 PM , Blogger 孺子牛 said...

    I know too. hahahaha

     
  • At Sunday, November 06, 2005 12:30:00 PM , Blogger sÞ¡ηηєє said...

    ......................

     
  • At Thursday, November 10, 2005 1:56:00 AM , Blogger blueapple said...

    oh oh.. i'm late for the reply.. i dont post in YMB. I'm jus a reader.. =D

     
  • At Thursday, March 19, 2009 3:55:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Haha....Tissue prata???? By d way when u got 12 kids????

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home