10 Things Every Kiasu Singaporean Does Naturally But Probably Will Never Admit
Just a word of clarification: this is just a joke, it is not the truth about Singaporeans' behaviour.
As a Singaporean, I do certain things but will normally keep mum BUT guess all of us know what we all do. (Certain points were inspired by an email me received from a friend).
10 things most of us do but will probably deny:
1. When there is a sale on toilet paper, you will buy 100 rolls and store them in your closet or in the bedroom of an adult child who has moved out.
2. You hate to waste food and you have Tupperware in your fridge with three bites of rice or one leftover chicken wing.
3. You wipe your plate and utensils thoroughly before you eat every time you go to a restaurant.
4. You have a collection of miniature shampoo bottles, bedroom sandals, plastic combs, that you take every time you stay in a hotel.
5. If you don't live at home, when your parents call, they'll ask if you've eaten, even if it's midnight.
6. Your parents tell you to boil herbs and stay home when you get sick. They also tell you not to eat fried foods or baked goods because they're heaty BUT you believe that drinking Pepsi with salt added in it will bring down your fever.
7. You email your friends at work, even though you only sit 10 feet apart.
8. You starved yourself before going to all you can eat buffet.
9. When there is free sampling of food, you will dive in to taste all of them and you will also take for your spouse and children.
10. You bring stationeries back from the office and give them to your children to bring to school; If you have no children, then you put them at home for own use.
Me kena 8/10 =_="""
** What! You are a high class, highly educated, gracious, charming person and you have never and will never do any of the 10 things I listed above?
Hmmm, good for you but just wondering why you are here visiting my "lim peh ka li kong" if you are indeed what you think you are.
lim peh kong wan liao