lim peh ka li kong 令伯卡你讲

Skill and style of telling stories is as per what you see - Singlish plus Hokkien dialects. Kam siah for coming into my BLOG and read, thank you! All content is copywrite "Old Beng" unless otherwise noted.

Monday, April 13, 2009

To Talk Properly

lim peh ka li kong

After the following 2 incidents, lim peh finally understood the importance to speak properly and to make myself clear when conversing with another person:

=====

My cha-bo-lang bought me a new T-shirt but after wearing it for one time, lim peh just chucked it in the cupboard and not wearing it again.

Cha-bo-lang: “喂,老明,为什么没见你再穿我买给你的新衣?”

“我不喜欢穿啦。”

“为什么?”

“不稀罕!”


My cha-bo-lang immediately ROARED after hearing my reply.

I had a hard time explaining to her that what lim peh really said was that T-shirt 不吸汗.

=====

My cha-bo-lang brought me to a shop to buy a watch for lim peh.

We were looking around in the shop and lim peh heard my cha-bo-lang asking the shop owner: "Do you have any second hand watches? I will like to take a look."

Lim peh stared at my cha-bo-lang cos I don't believe my cha-bo-lang is so cheapo as to wanting to buy a second-hand watch for me as a present.

"Eh... 老婆, I don't need a watch la, if not enough money, no need to buy me a watch la."

"I have money la, don't worry." My cha-bo-lang replied.

"But... then why do you want to buy a second hand watch for me? I don't want a second hand watch, I want a first hand one."

"You gila or what? What I meant was to get a watch with a second hand in it, not a used second hand watch la."

=====

lim peh kong wan liao
Related Posts with Thumbnails

25 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home