lim peh ka li kong 令伯卡你讲

Skill and style of telling stories is as per what you see - Singlish plus Hokkien dialects. Kam siah for coming into my BLOG and read, thank you! All content is copywrite "Old Beng" unless otherwise noted.

Friday, January 19, 2007

Il Divo Concert

lim peh ka li kong

Went to watch Il Divo concert at Indoor Stadium last night 18 January 2007, with my cha-bo-lang.

The 4 can really sing, one beautiful song after another non-stop though I must say that some songs lim peh don´t understand what they were singing at all BUT who cares, their voices blend so well with one another.

Some familiar tunes (although in a different language) which me know were Unbreak My Heart, All By Myself, Unchained Melody, My way, Without You etc.

At one stage, my cha-bo-lang told me to listen to them with my eyes close cos it had another kind of feeling. Me only close my eyes for a meer short 15 seconds then quickly open my eyes again. Scared ser-ka-lee fell asleep then no good. (No good because the tickets darn expensive lor).

They are handsome, they can sing so well, they are charming, their charisma no horse run, they are just fantastic.

One issue which me think can improve was the sound system, too loud but luckily the 4 have very powerful voices to overcome the loudness.

Another issue (to me) was the length of the concert, only slightly more than 1 and a half hours. Think me kena pampered by most Hong Kong and Taiwanese artists when they held their concerts in Singapore with Concerts running averagely from at least 2 and a half to 3 hours, some even went as far as 4 hours.

At the end of the concert, me just got one question, why lim peh cannot sing like them huh?

lim peh kong wan liao

Labels: ,

Related Posts with Thumbnails

7 Comments:

  • At Saturday, January 20, 2007 3:48:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ah? Why not going to Eric Clapton's concert? How I wish I'm in Singapore, so I can watch Clapton in live :(

     
  • At Sunday, January 21, 2007 12:44:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Regarding ur qn on ...

    "why lim peh cannot sing like them huh?"

    Then answer lies in 6 alphabets.
    CMCCMC

    Translated as Can Means Can Cannot Means Cannot...

    Wahahaha!

    Actually, I myself sang terribly and going to ktvs is always a source of major embarrassment to me... So CMCCMC is a term tat is also used to describe me...

    In short, dun take offence lah... =)

     
  • At Sunday, January 21, 2007 8:52:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    呵呵呵

    我同意上面一個說的﹗ CMCCMC…

    現實生活中不是有版你看嗎?還真沒有幾個明是會唱歌的﹗這當然也包括老明﹗

    呵呵呵﹗殘酷的事實 ~

     
  • At Sunday, January 21, 2007 9:52:00 AM , Blogger TheBlurQueen said...

    neber mind lim peh cannot sing like them so long lim peh can lullaby cha bo lang to sleep ok liao..hehe :)

     
  • At Monday, January 22, 2007 11:57:00 AM , Blogger noeyesee said...

    everyone is good in his own way

     
  • At Monday, January 22, 2007 12:15:00 PM , Blogger Mockingbird said...

    Il Divo can sing because they were born with the gift to sing and they practised long and hard to perfect their craft. That's the difference between someone who sings for a living and someone who doesn't. Going to KTV or Party World to relieve our crave for singing might be a tormenting experience for people who think we can't sing and have to endure it. Nevertheless, it sure is an enjoyable experience.

    With regards to loudness, that's what concerts are supposed to be like.

    I attended an Alan Tam concert in the late 1980s at World Trade Center and i already found it deafening. I bet i would definitely go deaf if i attended a heavy metal or rock concert.

     
  • At Monday, January 22, 2007 3:43:00 PM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    Kenny
    No, me give Eric´s concert a miss cos me dont really listen to his songs.

    Whiskoffee
    Thanks for dropping by. No la, although me cannot sing as well as Il Divo but guess me should be above average. (Many victims who had the chance to listen to lim peh´s voice agreed that me can sing rather well - especially me flex my muscles in front of them).

    一只熊
    同上

    Mama Dewi
    Hmmm, so far never tried lullaby to cha-bo-lang yet, scared the result is reversed and keep her awake through the night.

    Noeyesee
    You leh? You can sing bo?

    Mickell
    Yes, you are very right, many times, me love to torture friends in ktv.

    Alan´s concert? Me also got watch, those memories....

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home