lim peh ka li kong 令伯卡你讲

Skill and style of telling stories is as per what you see - Singlish plus Hokkien dialects. Kam siah for coming into my BLOG and read, thank you! All content is copywrite "Old Beng" unless otherwise noted.

Friday, October 14, 2005

Old Beng Went for Lunch

lim peh ka li kong

Today me went for lunch hor, kena one incident made me very buay song (not happy), darn suay, phui !!!

Today I no lunch kaki so bo-bian went alone but actually I quite like to have lunch alone cos I will have time for myself, no need to wait for the other colleagues of mine thinking and considering where to eat, what to eat, you know la, especially the aunties in my office. Wa-piang, consider and consider and consider until the cows go home still don't know what to eat. Hello aunties, lunch time only 1 hour and you all used 30 minutes to decide what to eat?

Back to my lunch time incident. Me was walking and thinking which shop to eat and then me saw a group of "chio" OL (OL = Office Lady) eating in a noodle shop. I also decided to eat in the same shop because the food there look not bad la (the shop got big big signage with beautifully taken photographs of its menu) er...yeah la, I admit there was another factor also influenced my decision. The chio OL not only figures chio, dressings also chio type, me hope everyday lunch time can accidentally meet them and have lunch together (although sit different table) rather then my usual OA gang (OA = Office Aunty).

After I finished seeing the menu, I decided to eat duck noodle - the Hong Kong style, the noodle like wanton noodle type and the duck skin very chrispy one and the price was reasonable - only $3 per plate.

While waiting for my food, I overheard the group of OL talking. Not purposely want to KPO hear what they said but they were talking too loudly and the topic was something very interesting to me - BLOGGERS.

Ha, since now I also considered myself a blogger (although not very high class one), I was rather interested in their conversation.

"Woei, you all got go see the blog by Rockson or not?"

"Rockson? Who is he?"

"Ai-yo, you always go read blogs yet you don't know him, how can? His blog very funny one and he always scolds and criticises everything and anything but his writing style very vulgar and are mostly written in the mixture of Hokkien. So unless you understand Hokkien, you won't know that he is scolding bad words but hor I like to read his blog very much and learn some Hokkien bad words, he he he."

Alamak, how can girls like that? She knows more Hokkien Vulgar vocabulary must get so happy meh? Don't understand leh, Vulgarity is nothing special in our society now especially among the youngsters. Who don't know a vulgar word or two, it's only does a person use it often? While I was thinking about vulgarity words, the OL continued to talk.

"I only visit xiexue and blinkymummy blog cos they represent the new girl generation and dare to speak their mind."

"I read ....."

At that moment, I felt like interrupting them and ask them whether they got read Old Beng's blog or not? Luckily my duck noodle came just before I asked them the question.

When I looked at the plate of noodle, first thing that came into my mind was whether the plate was really duck noodle or not because I could not see any duck meat at all. When I poked the chopsticks into the noodles and stirred, then I managed to see a few small pieces of miserable duck meat. (I think if eye-sight a little bit not good also cannot see the meat).

Wait a minute, why the duck noodle looked totally different from the menu one? I expected the Hong Kong style, the plate I received was the "Sab-kum Hor-Fun" style with thick gravy and the duck skin not crispy at all. I called the young girl (I presume was the waitress since she took my order and served me the noodle) and voiced out my query why the duck noodle I received was totally different from the signage one?

The young waitress excused herself and went into the kitchen behind and talked to her boss cum cook.

10 seconds later, she came out and gave me the following answer.

"Uncle, my lao-ban-niang (lady boss) said our duck noodle is like that one. No choice."

Huh, "like that one" and I have to eat whether or not the food is served correctly? I was about to raise my voice to show my "displease-ness", then through the corner of my eyes, I saw the group of chio OL looking at me.

"Er...like that ah, ok lor, I very chin-chai one but please tell you lao-pan-niang to change the signage la, cannot show one thing and serve another thing la, not right leh."

How can I raised voice and lose my "gentlemanism" in front of the group of chio OL? So bo-pian, LL (lugi lugi not the other LL) ate the duck noodle unhappily but I already paid so must finished the noodle la, now economy not good, $3 also cannot waste.

lim peh kong wan liao

PS: Next week will try to go there to eat again :p

Labels:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

8 Comments:

  • At Friday, October 14, 2005 10:13:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hope u get to see the chio OLs again.. hehe

     
  • At Friday, October 14, 2005 10:36:00 PM , Blogger 孺子牛 said...

    Old Beng,

    Next time, I bring u to Lockson Duck not Rockson Duck. Down there got chio bos.

     
  • At Friday, October 14, 2005 11:46:00 PM , Blogger Nobody said...

    Lesson learnt: A picture tells a thouand lies!

     
  • At Saturday, October 15, 2005 9:43:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hello qin, wat is lockson duck?, i heard of johnson duck only leh. The u looking for chio bu or bos, bos is gay/handsome boys u know.

    Dun lah, leave those handsome ones for me leh, gals and guys u also wan, really shi huang2005, hehe!

    Uncle Old beng, my bf once told me old goose let go air, hahaha! auntie is better for u ok. Skills and experiences wanted.

    666

     
  • At Saturday, October 15, 2005 12:19:00 PM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    Xishi
    Kam siah, I also hope so, then I will be very happy :)

    lau qin
    Sure got many many chio bo-s ther or not? On la.

    ghost
    thank you for reading my blog and yes, you are right.

    Angel
    no la, old goose will only give me goose-bumps and nothing else :p

     
  • At Saturday, October 15, 2005 3:44:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wahhh... not bad hor, lunch time still can see chio OL. My area here only can see black, brown and yellow...Construction Site :(

     
  • At Monday, October 17, 2005 9:23:00 AM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    xorpheus
    ha ha you have my deepest sympathy.
    I used to work in an "ulu" place before for 9 over years and finally this year February I changed job and my current office is in Orchard Road, WAHAHAHAHA, so very the happy siah :D

     
  • At Monday, October 17, 2005 4:06:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    so oldbeng, orchard road huh, song y y hor, hello when u want come down my side of area, yr 9 years ago working plc, now here change alot liao, chio bu got chio aunty got and in the nigth that also got now u orchard rd pples liao leh, ur buddies here 4got liao huh, hei talking chio or not, ur 另一类人的peng you over here miss u leh, last weekend only I was there wz kaki drinking n watch EPL later saw them, they ask abt u leh, how? Orchard Rd oldbeng.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home