lim peh ka li kong 令伯卡你讲

Skill and style of telling stories is as per what you see - Singlish plus Hokkien dialects. Kam siah for coming into my BLOG and read, thank you! All content is copywrite "Old Beng" unless otherwise noted.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Counters

lim peh ka li kong

Since the day me created my blog, me had created the stat-counter and in the beginning, me was very excited to see that the hit counters kept going up daily. (Now that me think back, excited for what F? Even if there were no reader, me will still continue to write.)

From the beginning first 100th to the first 1000th visits and to current 40,000+ hit counters, then the counter function screwed-up. It is stucked at 42,431. (Hmmm, must try my luck on this coming Wednesday).

Me always will go into my stat-counter, not to see how many hits me got but rather to see who are the people who visited my blog.

Today, me see that there is zero visit which is not possible cos my stat counter is set in such a way that even me myself visit my own blog, the hit counter will reflect as 1 hit and furthermore both Noeyeseesee and Lau Hero had each left a comment in my blog, thus the conclusion me gathered is the stat-counter spoilt liao.

It is only then that me start to think: so why do me need a stat-counter? To show readers that me actually have the numbers of hits and people visiting my blog? (It is not true cos if me visit my blog 5 times a day, then me created the impression of 5 hits but in actual fact, where got par-kay?)

Me remember long time ago, me saw Monkichi answering some reader´s query on why her blog does not have a stat counter and her reply was: Why? Do I need one?

Anyway, what is 40000+ hits in the 8 months of my blogging? However me write, whether in Good English, Hokkien Singlish, Chinese or upload lots of pictures, still cannot hold a candle to blogs hits like Rockson, Blinkymummy and Xiaxue.

As me had mentioned before, me writing blog is not for anyone in particular but more to me enjoying myself in my own playground and of course the comments left by readers and the interaction of replies always makes me happy.

So, from today, me will just leave the stat counter as it is (42,431 hits forever) in my blog. Taking the opportunity that since the stat counter is already spoilt.

So be it. Me write, me enjoy!

Even if there is zero reader cos the greatest entertainment is to entertain myself.

lim peh kong wan liao

** Funny leh, after me posted the msg above, the "kee-seow" stat-counter suddenly is back to normal again **

Labels:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

5 Comments:

  • At Monday, May 22, 2006 4:22:00 PM , Blogger Sunflower said...

    haha, that why I dont have stat-counter in my blog. I dont need one!

    I write blog is mainly for myself, my thought. And for those my friends who care.

    Of course for readers like you, who willing to share your life experience with me. :P

     
  • At Monday, May 22, 2006 9:08:00 PM , Blogger sÞ¡ηηєє said...

    I took a look at your statcounter. Urs same as mine

    Sometimes it just kee siao, i found out 2 mths ago liao. the script just dun run.

    so in the end i install two from the same site. now it's reflecting accurately ahahhaahh

    i install initially to catch a bitch reading my blog. now it's more like wanna know where they come from, that's all :)

     
  • At Tuesday, May 23, 2006 1:31:00 AM , Blogger F¡яєвџяN said...

    stat counter are ego boasting tool man for many people, how sad. i hve one, once awhile will see who is reading...

    Alot of people say that blog is for oneself, then if its for oneself, why make it public, it shld not even be on the net.

    For me, of course my blog is for myself, but i put it online becos i think what i have wriiten, many people can relate to them. Reading their comments also help me to rethink about what i have wrote...

     
  • At Tuesday, May 23, 2006 9:56:00 AM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    Sunflower
    Come to think about it and reading Fireburn´s comment on why make it public accessible if purely for the writer himself, think he got a point there. Me shall think about what he say.

    Spinnee
    Think you are right, stat counter is more for me to know who and where my readers are from.

    Fireburn
    I agree with you on stat counter will allow one to know who visited our blog.

    At the time of self entertaining, it is definitely a bonus point to be able to keep readers entertained and receiving comments and views from them.

     
  • At Tuesday, May 23, 2006 4:49:00 PM , Blogger Elydia said...

    can check who read my blog de meh? i dunno worz... how to see? then i can see who is my fan... wahahahahhaa!!! think nobody dares to visit mine liao....

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home