10 Signs You Are A Singaporean Aunty
Today´s "10 signs on Singapore Aunty" is not the same as lim peh´s previous "10 Signs You Are An Aunty," hor, got difference one la.
There are many many aunties in the world but today emphasize on Aunties in Singapore. (Certain points were inspired by an email me received from a friend).
1. You unwrap gifts very carefully, so you can save and reuse the wrapping (and especially those bows).
2. You keep a Thermos of hot water available at all times.
3. You save grocery bags and use the grocery bags to hold garbage.
4. You don't own any real Tupperware - only a cupboard full of used but carefully rinsed margarine tubs, take out containers and jam jars.
5. You own a rice cooker and slow cooker.
6. You wash your rice at least 2-3 times before cooking it.
7. You're a wok user.
8. You prefer your shrimp with the heads and legs still attached - it means they're fresh.
9. You always cook too much.
10. Your toothpaste tubes are all squeezed paper-thin.
lim peh kong wan liao