lim peh ka li kong 令伯卡你讲

Skill and style of telling stories is as per what you see - Singlish plus Hokkien dialects. Kam siah for coming into my BLOG and read, thank you! All content is copywrite "Old Beng" unless otherwise noted.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Old Beng Sunday Morning

lim peh ka li kong

Last Sunday morning, me and my cha-bo-lang after our routine morning stroll/walk/run/exercise at Botanic Garden (sometimes we go to Bukit Timah Hill instead), we went to Clementi Central to have our breakfast and also to do some marketing.

As usual, me headed straight for my favourite food, prawn noodle soup. My cha-bo-lang always tells me, "Ai-yo, lau beng why you always eat the same food day in day out, never change and try other type, not sian ah?"

"lau po, you are lucky me always stick to my original taste for everything, if not, then I probably will be changing in the taste of my food, my vehicle, my flat and also my cha-bo-lang.....ouch!!!!" the result for trying to be funny and humorous was being pulled at my ear again.

"You try to change me, don't know how to spell DEATH is it?" My cha-bo-lang grabbed my ear, pulled it and then turned clockwise for 180 degrees.

"Ai-ya, no la no la, just joking only. You no sense of humour one." Me quickly pulled away from her.

We then found an empty table and sat down after we both ordered our prawn noodle soup.

Then, me saw a very old couple (think the ah pek and ah ma at least 70 years old) walking towards the table we were sitting and asked to share the seats with us. Wah, these old husband and wife very lovingly leh, hold hands and the ah ma even took out her handkerchief and cleaned the seats before allowing the ah pek to sit down.

Ha, they also ordered the same prawn noodle soup like us.

Suddenly, me saw 3 young, pretty chio-bo sat down beside our table and me could not help but look at them without my eyes blinked a single time. Cannot blame me hum-sup la, the 3 young girls wore hot-pants and singlet-like t-shirt and some more faces red red after their morning exercise I think, so young so fresh so nice. I only dare to see see look look, yeah of course my cha-bo-lang still pretty and chio to me but honestly speaking hor, young girls half her age surely win at least one horse position la.

Yee? They also went to order the same prawn noodle soup, think this stall prawn noodle soup really nice.

When my poor eyes started to get tired again due to the secretly seeing cha-bo through the corner of my eyes (to avoid my cha-bo-lang from knowing I seeing girl girl), the hawker aunty brought 2 bowls of prawn noodles to our table.

But wait, she gave them to the old ah pek and ah ma instead to us. Me could see that they had ordered bee-hoon only and we ordered bee-hoon mee, so not my one.

Then hor, the hawker aunty also served the 3 young chio-bo 3 bowls of prawn noodle soup.

Wa-lau-a, my one don't have ah? Why aunty kept serving the others? Maybe she forgotten that I also got ordered.

I walked up to her and asked," Hello aunty, my 2 bowls of prawn bee-hoon mee soup not ready ah? Like very long already because I ordered before the old couple and the 3 young girls."

The aunty looked at me and said," Rush what? Now I cooked for you lor, cannot wait si bo?"

Wa-piang! Like that talked also can eh? "Oei! Aunty! Is it I eat free one ah, you forgot my order you just tell me properly, it is okay one but you talked like that si mi meaning? You should serve according to first come first serve ma, how can like that suka suka he first I last? Not right leh?"

"Er...er... sorry lor, I forget, now I cook for you." Aunty face malu malu apologised.

"Ok la, like that say at least something, how can you forget and some more so fierce?" I told her and walked back to my table.

My cha-bo-lang gave my hand a squeeze and told me never mind la, wait awhile lor.

After we finished our delicious prawn bee-hoon noodle soup, we went to the wet market to buy some vegetables and meat and fish and fruits and my cha-bo-lang almost bought the whole market. (ya ya I was a little bit exaggerate)

After that we saw an old man selling bamboo sticks and my cha-bo-lang bought 5 bamboo sticks as the ones at home were already old and the edge also picah liao.

"Lau beng, you wait for me and I need to go and buy some eggs." my cha-bo-lang told me. So me carried the 5 bamboo sticks and stood near the playground waiting for my cha-bo-lang.

Suddenly, a middle-aged uncle (just like old beng) walked up to me and said," Uncle, your bamboo sticks how to sell ah?"

"Huh? What how to sell?" Me did not understand his English and what he meant at all.

"How much one bamboo stick?" that uncle asked me again.

Wa-paing eh, he thought old beng me sell bamboo one. How can I looked like a man selling bamboo sticks?

"Hello, me no sell bamboo one hor, go there and ask that man la." Me pointed the direction where the seller had his small stall.

"Sorry, sorry, but you sure look like the bamboo man." The uncle said with a sneered tone and a grin on his face before he walked away.

Wa Kao! So what if I looked like a bamboo stick seller? Why must he showed his grin as if he looked down on people who makes a living by selling things?

What a day I had man, first I was not served for the noodle I ordered and then I was mistaken as a man selling bamboo.

lim peh kong wan liao

Labels: , , ,

Related Posts with Thumbnails

7 Comments:

  • At Thursday, October 27, 2005 12:50:00 PM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    ipromise

    Yes I will still write in English as my chinese also half past six, actually my english also half past six :(

    5 bamboos enough or not? I really don't know leh, must ask my cha-bo-lang but since she bought 5, I presumed it is enough.

     
  • At Thursday, October 27, 2005 3:20:00 PM , Blogger Xorpheus said...

    Aiya....no big deal la. At most u sell to him at a slightly higher price loh.
    Hence, use the profit go and eat your prawn mee again la.

     
  • At Thursday, October 27, 2005 3:44:00 PM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    xorpheus
    Kam siah for your kind suggestion but if I were to sell the bamboo away then my cha-bo-lang came back and found out, sure die one, so....

     
  • At Thursday, October 27, 2005 10:25:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    come on la old beng,so many pple can make this type of mistake in this world why so hot up!!u think u r perfect or having a high post in a company that u angry with pple mistake u as bamboo man!!so what u hold a high post in a company..all r the same level if u r outside ur office..ok!!!

     
  • At Thursday, October 27, 2005 10:36:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    some more i find u act decent say seeing chio-bu so n so n so...i find that u this type of pple in actual fact have the temptation u know or not!!!u better consult a doctor realy if not one of these day will c u appear in the paper...

     
  • At Friday, October 28, 2005 9:55:00 AM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    du gu wu ti
    Wah? Why you so hot up? Are you that uncle whom asked me for my bamboo price? Or are you the prawn noodle aunty?

    I where got blur blur act decent? I always like to see chio-bu but in the presence of my cha-bo-lang I can only act act a bit la.

    What high post low post? I only know goalpost. I was not happy with that uncle because he gave a sneered tone before he walked away, meaning he looked down on people.

    Your English must be too chim for me to comprehend cos I don't understand what you say by consulting a doctor, for what?

     
  • At Friday, October 28, 2005 10:36:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hey hey c who's talking man...!!wat
    a lau hero indeed...Pls la wat the hack abt tiger,eagle rat n snake??
    u show wat the hack u have the say
    ok....lau tiko..hahahaha....!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home