lim peh ka li kong 令伯卡你讲

Skill and style of telling stories is as per what you see - Singlish plus Hokkien dialects. Kam siah for coming into my BLOG and read, thank you! All content is copywrite "Old Beng" unless otherwise noted.

Monday, February 06, 2006

A Poem From A Friend

lim peh ka li kong

Me is so sotong because after a cyber friend wrote a poem "Sparks" to me long time ago but me didn't even know until lately.

Ling, thank you very much for the nice poem.

lim peh kong wan liao

=====

"Monsieur Lim"

"Sparks"

Dreamin...
I remember the night
When you dreamt of me
The girly smile you put on my face
Simply made me a happy girl
I'll never, ever forget.

Dreamin...
I remember the night
When you spoke
Your voice sounded like the calm waves
sweeping smoothly on the shore
Simply made all the children
running happily with your rhythm
I'll never, ever forget.

Dreamin...
I remember the night
When you told me about voices
I simply sat dreamily and nodded
Would Lim Pek be different from Grandpa?
Sir, I'll never know.
It doesn't matter, you said.
I'll never, ever forget.

Not dreamin...I remember the night
The Joy you brought to others
Like Rainbow after Rain
With You plucking stars from the sky
for each one of them.
Does it matters if I don't understand?
No, for each stars you plucked
You gave them sparkles and You have given
me not the star..
but the Sparks.
I'll never, ever forget..
the Sparks.

Ling
Old Beng

Labels: ,

Related Posts with Thumbnails

10 Comments:

  • At Monday, February 06, 2006 1:17:00 PM , Blogger Mockingbird said...

    Beautiful poem :)

     
  • At Monday, February 06, 2006 2:29:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Mr.Lim,

    It was badly written but nevertheless, that was how I felt when I discovered you in Local Issues. Thank you for that wonderful dream. You have indeed given the sparkling stars to each and everyone of them, and these stars are the joy you have brought along with you, and I'm sure they will keep them close to their hearts. I will treasure the sparks for the rest of my life. Thank you.

    Ling~

     
  • At Monday, February 06, 2006 2:47:00 PM , Blogger noeyesee said...

    yeah i agree wif ling_n_pebble. when i first went into YMB, old beng's articles always made my day.

    ling, yr poem is very good, care to write one for me too? :D

     
  • At Monday, February 06, 2006 7:47:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Micheal,

    Thank you for your compliment. Have a great day..er..er..that baby you are holding..gal or boy?? Must be a boy..when he grows up..get him to write poems..gal-gals will definitely fall head over heels ( unless they wear slippers,then don't quote me ya )for him.


    noeyesee,

    Write a poem for you?!? No problem.., anytime..,but first you must dream of me. But..must be dry weather dreams..not those wet rainy dreams,ok?? Hehehe...


    Ipromise

    You have an elder son? Ahh..don't introduce my poems to him. Introduce me to him..hahahaha!!!
    Aiya..those poems "Counting"..think-think, write-write, post-post..he's still not looking my way. What's the point..aahh, forget it! Introduce your elder son to me..,then I can recycle those poems on your son..ha!


    Ling~
    Oh my..,I better run incase Mr.Lim comes back..wow, I'm so clever now..I can thank and respond to people in his blog..wah..,as if this is my blog..hehehe..sorry ya Mr.Lim.

     
  • At Monday, February 06, 2006 11:40:00 PM , Blogger TheBlurQueen said...

    beng & ling, thanks for the memories..& till now i can still remember ever being in ur dream too, wif kakzar & lovelybeauty...

    ling, indeed beng had brought those sparkling stars to all!

     
  • At Tuesday, February 07, 2006 1:09:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yeah!!! MummyDewi!!

    Where have you been?? I've tried to log-in to your blog for some time..aiyo.., you are still on Dancing Queen, ah?? I have problems loggin-in to your site.

    ..Must be happy dancing..and forgotten about Ling..sniff..sniff..

    ..aahh, Mr.Lim..cane me if you want to..I must answer MummyDewi's...MummyDewi..!bwaah..waah..waahh..You have forgotten Ling, issit???!!??

    Ling

     
  • At Tuesday, February 07, 2006 9:22:00 AM , Blogger TheBlurQueen said...

    ling, hehe..go to ling's quote beri bad to flood the space here..

     
  • At Tuesday, February 07, 2006 10:28:00 AM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    Ipromise
    Though I must admit that Ling is in fact a pretty girl but no my wife will not be jealous la.

    Ling and Dewi
    Ha ha, no problem having conversation in my playground at all, you are most welcome.

    BTW Ling, when you enter into Dewi's blog, go double-click onto the cartoon icon on the right. With the cursor on the icon, you will be able to see if it is entries, links, etc. She has many new photos uploaded.

     
  • At Tuesday, February 07, 2006 4:18:00 PM , Blogger Mockingbird said...

    Ha, ha... :D The baby whom i was holding is my son, Shawn Ethan. He was also mistaken as a girl when MP Penny Low came to my estate to shake the hands of the residents ;p Can never really tell for sure whether a baby (especially the small ones) is a boy or girl ;p

     
  • At Wednesday, February 08, 2006 4:14:00 PM , Blogger sÞ¡ηηєє said...

    SO GOOD.

    No one wrote anything for me before :( ahhahaha

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home