lim peh ka li kong 令伯卡你讲

Skill and style of telling stories is as per what you see - Singlish plus Hokkien dialects. Kam siah for coming into my BLOG and read, thank you! All content is copywrite "Old Beng" unless otherwise noted.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Unbelievable!!!

lim peh ka li kong

On Saturday, me and my cha-bo-lang went to Funan Centre to walk walk see see. we encountered the following incident whereby me find it very amusing.

As we were eating some French Roti and drinking some soup, we heard someone calling out:-

"Excuse me...."

Me stopped drinking the nice soup and looked at the direction of the sound and saw a fat Chinese man probably around the age of early 20s talking to me.

"Excuse me, can you give me $2?"

I looked at him : he had long curly hair, wore a round-neck T-shirt and a 3/4 long pants carrying a nice haversack.

Judging at what I saw, he was not in any form of handicap and he can actually speak English.

Although many a times, me do not mind helping the elderly or handicaps by giving them some money, I did not think that man deserve any money from me at all.

I looked at him and shook my head and continued to drink my soup.

"Excuse me."

I looked at him one more time and he said the same thing again probably thinking that me did not hear what he asked for, "Can you you give me $2?"

I looked at him and once again shook my head.

"I am very hungry..." The man looked at me and pleaded.

I looked at him and shook my head for the thrid time.

The man looked at me and said:"Please...."

I shook my head for the last time and ignored him and continued to drink my soup.

The man seeing that there was no way I was going to give him the $2 he pleaded for, said something and walked away.

That word that came out from his mouth was "Idiot."

We were very shock to hear him sprouting such word and after saying that insulting word, the fat man walked away and approached an Indian couple. Though me could not hear their conversation but the Indian man after hearing what the fat man had to say, pull out his wallet and gave him $2.

After collecting $2 from the Indian man, the fat man approached another 3 men but no money was given to him.

I was thinking to myself : That fat man was really lucky cos if he were to sprout such insulting word to me 10 years ago, me would have insulted him back with the following words "You filthy lazy fatso moron beggar asking for money and insulting people who didn't give in to your begging., @$%#&@....."

If he were to meet me and gave me such insulting word 20 years ago, me will defintely "sayang" his face with my punches. Yeah me bad.

What has become to our current world? Healthy man going around asking for money? There's never free lunch in this society and the most incredible part is throwing insulting words at people refusing to give him money, piangz!

lim peh kong wan liao

Labels:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

15 Comments:

  • At Sunday, October 29, 2006 2:46:00 PM , Blogger 孺子牛 said...

  • At Sunday, October 29, 2006 5:21:00 PM , Blogger Sunflower said...

    Hai, people now is making use of our 同情心.

    Honestly speaking, I dont really buy those tissues from those old folks and the handicaps most of the time.

    And some old folk will say, 小姐,帮帮老人家。

    I always carry a lot of tissue with me. Most of the time I dont need it.

    Maybe I should look at the perspective of helping the old folks and the handicaps. So i wont have the feeling of kena abuse my kindness.

     
  • At Sunday, October 29, 2006 5:56:00 PM , Blogger Elydia said...

    Moi encountered a middle-age woman a few months ago at Clarke Quay. She did the same thing approached me for money. She speak mandarin. I didn't give her i juz shook my head. She followed me quite a distance when she heard me speaking english with my friend she ran over, "Oh you dun understand mandarin ah? U not chinese? So can u give me $2?" =.=" i nearly fainted.... i wonder if i tell her i'm indian will she speak tamil to me? kekekeke....

     
  • At Monday, October 30, 2006 10:59:00 AM , Blogger noeyesee said...

    uncle beng
    only $2 ma, why din u jus gv that fatso? i m sure u can afford it BUT since he scolded u, guess u did the rite thing for not giving him. guess i wl also bash him if he insulted me after i refused to give him the $2

     
  • At Monday, October 30, 2006 11:41:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I'll never give to any begger who still young, non handicap, not even monk too!

     
  • At Monday, October 30, 2006 12:40:00 PM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    儒子牛
    Of course not, he is nothing at all la. :)

    Sunflower
    Me usually don´t mind giving a dollar or 2 to old folks and handicaps but not young, healthy speaking man.

    Elydia
    Your encounter more power leh, she was even an linguist :)))

    Dukester
    Ha ha ha, so did your friend gave her 10 dollars?

    No Eye See
    It´s not a matter of just $2 or what, it´s just that me don´t think he deserved to be given money just because he begged. Furthermore, he is healthy and young. Guess you will not give him the money, right?

    Kenny
    Sama sama, me usually don´t give healthy people.

     
  • At Monday, October 30, 2006 5:56:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    O_O unbelievable. i wonder what i'll do if he tries that with me .

    *evil grin*

     
  • At Tuesday, October 31, 2006 12:23:00 AM , Blogger chartao said...

    the "idoit" word from the fatso is really too much... i always reject an old auntie asking for $$ in geylang..

    but i kena conned once when after pang sai in SIM, the cleaner wanted to "borrow" $10 from me, i lend him and he disappear the very next day!

    i is stupid

     
  • At Tuesday, October 31, 2006 11:18:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hahahaha. Can't imagine if the fatso said that to me...kekeke...
    Maybe i will not just sayang him...i will just melt and evaporate him on the spot :)

     
  • At Tuesday, October 31, 2006 12:52:00 PM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    Spinnee
    Guess he will lost at least 3 kg after you handled him :p

    Dukester
    Huh?!?!?! You ran away??? Hahahaha.

    Leonard
    $10 as school fees to learn a lesson, ok la. Er, btw, can lend me $10 :))))

    Cockroach888
    Steady la, must be your "no play play" look scared him away.

    Xorpheus
    Wa Piangz, you very violent leh but I like :)))

    Ipromise
    Think me too slow to react and he got away rather fast. Your knuckle sandwich darn powerful, I like.

     
  • At Tuesday, October 31, 2006 5:16:00 PM , Blogger Mr Feather said...

    Aye! Ur experience about the same as my encounter with a "Siao Lang" sia... Haha!

     
  • At Thursday, November 02, 2006 2:39:00 PM , Blogger missy said...

    somehow, people in singapore have taken generousity for granted. They expect you to donate to them, despite being young and healthy, simply because they asked for it.

    sigh.

     
  • At Thursday, November 02, 2006 2:45:00 PM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    Zenekz
    Similar la but your one more power sia.

    Missy
    Hope this "taking things for granted" won´t continue...

     
  • At Sunday, November 05, 2006 10:52:00 PM , Blogger NA said...

    Hmmm.. My workplace is very near funan. But have not yet kena your experience.

    Yet.

    Hmmm....

     
  • At Monday, November 06, 2006 12:23:00 PM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    Kurakat
    You better fast fast go touch a piece of wood, ai-yoh, really 童言无忌.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home