lim peh ka li kong 令伯卡你讲

Skill and style of telling stories is as per what you see - Singlish plus Hokkien dialects. Kam siah for coming into my BLOG and read, thank you! All content is copywrite "Old Beng" unless otherwise noted.

Monday, July 05, 2010

Madrid - Spain Trip Part 2 of 2

lim peh ka li kong

..../ continue from part 1

Due to the delayed of our flight from Barcelona to Madrid, we finally reached Madrid Airport at around mid-night.

Lim peh tell you ah, many of the locals in Spain cannot speak and understand English. We almost had to sleep in the Airport cos the Taxi driver could not understand lim peh when I told him to send us to our Hotel in Castilla Road so lim peh showed him my fingers (not my middle fingers lah) and he understood lim peh.


Luckily lim peh smart cos the Hotel was located near the famous 2 slanting buildings

The Icons of the "Slanting Buildings"

Finally we reached the hotel at 1:30 am, @$%&*# lim peh had to shower and lim peh so poor thing hor, must iron my shirt and pants for my meeting in my HQ the next morning.

Kns, lim peh even ironed my trousers until it got burnt.

=====

Walking along the streets of Madrid in the morning from the hotel I was staying to my Office really brought back happy memories.

While lim peh went for meeting and worked in my office everyday, my cha-bo-lang roamed Madrid by herself. Hmmm, like lim peh said in my last post on our last trip, those Spanish guys, all so tall, nose so sharp, face so good looking, don't know whether my cha-bo-lang got harass those pitiful men or not they got harass my cha-bo-lang or not?

One of my Directors bought lim peh lunch at one of the Restaurant at the Real Madrid Stadium, managed to snap 2 photo using my lousy mobile. The food was rather expensive and the food was slightly above average only.


======

Come to think of it, we actually spent our Valentine Day in the cold Madrid and guess what lim peh bought for my cha-bo-lang?

I did not buy any flowers la cos don't know where to buy them so lim peh brought her to have ice-cream.

Now that lim peh think back, really a little crazy right? Eating 5 ice-creams during Winter time.

======

If you like to visit pasar malam or like to visit a full clusters of cheap stalls in a confined area, then you must not miss the El Rastro Market which is open every Sunday morning from 7 am to 3 pm.

There are easily hundreds of stalls and one can never finish walking all the stalls in one day.

After walking for couples of hours, lim peh saw a shop selling somethings that look like our Singapore's curry puff or sadine puff. Lim peh took the photo from the outside of the shop, it was not so clear as the window glass reflected some of the light.


lim peh bought 2 of the puffs and it's like eating gold cos it was very expensive. 3 euro for 1 puff which is SGD6.30. Kns, 1 curry puff cost SGD6.30 not gold then what?

lim peh felt that the uncle who sold the puff to me was cheating lim peh cos he knew I was a tourist so lim peh confronted him and wanted to ask for some refund.

I was even prepared to show him lim peh's "Tiger & Eagle" but in the end, lim peh just let him go, sensing that young uncle like lim peh should not give trouble to old uncle like him, me quickly pulled my cha-bo-lang and ran for our dear lives walked away

Since the old uncle had a knife in his hand very sincere smile on his face, lim peh would not press him further for refund la.


=====

After eating the very expensive puffs, we continued to walk around and look see look see and saw this man playing a song using glasses filled with water. Lim peh never know that the sound created is so melodious.




=====

After walking for the whole morning, lim peh started to feel hungry again and we saw this small cafe with a weird sign-board.


The roti we bought tasted quite good and the price was reasonable (Unlike the stupid puffs, so expensive).


One with prawns and the other with sotong.

Actually, lim peh find the Spanish people very funny, even their Sign boards are very cute, share 1 with you


=====

If there´s one thing we don´t like about Spain is the "Bull Fight". lim peh think it´s too cruel and lucky thing was that there´s no bull fight during Winter time.

Me and my cha-bo-lang went to the "Bull Ring" to take some photos


The Bull Ring was built in 1929 and during Winter time when there´s no Bull fights, they will let out the place for some other events like Circus etc.

Inside the Bull ring.



The special cubicle behind me is strictly for the Royal Family only.

Took some pictures of the posters in the Bull Ring musuem.





Think lim peh looked funny with the sword hor?

Before we left the Bull Ring, me saw some interset sculpture outside the Ring.


This is called "拾到牛懒"


=====

One night, we jalan jalan here and there and finally had our dinner in a beautiful restaurant - With Love Restaurant (Asiamerican Fusion).
The decoration in the Restaurant was rather swee with lightings on the floorings down to the basement.
I took a Business card from the Restaurant and it read "New York · Singapore · Tokio · Madrid"

Singapore also has a branch meh? Must visit it when we are back in Singapore so lim peh asked one of the waitresses about the details and she told me there´s no Branch in Singapore at all, they just print the Business Card for fun, Huh!?!?!?


=====

Ok, mai type liao, just post some photos to share share.




Night Scene


Last leaf to leave......... soon



Big backside

lim peh kong wan liao
Related Posts with Thumbnails

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home