lim peh ka li kong 令伯卡你讲

Skill and style of telling stories is as per what you see - Singlish plus Hokkien dialects. Kam siah for coming into my BLOG and read, thank you! All content is copywrite "Old Beng" unless otherwise noted.

Friday, June 01, 2007

Angry Old Beng

lim peh ka li kong

One Saturday morning, lim peh woke up late (no work on Saturday, very shiok ah) and went to a coffee shop in my neighbourhood to 打包 炒米粉面 packet fried beehoon-mee for breakfast.

When I reached the coffee shop, there was already a long queue at the stall. Counting the numbers of heads in front of me, I was the number 6th customer and standing in front of me was an Auntie with a head of red-hair.

While waiting for my turn, the queue behind me got longer by the seconds and when I turned around to look at the long queue, I saw about another 8-10 people behind me.

The red-hair Auntie queuing in front of me turned her head to the long queue behind me and saw a man queuing 4-person away from me and said, "Ah Lim, come come, what you want to but, I buy for you la, I in front faster."

I turned around and stared at that man whom the Auntie was talking to.

The man queuing behind us declined the Auntie´s offer and said, "Neh mind la, I can queue up myself."

The Auntie refused to accept "No" for an answer and further offered her help, "Come la, don´t shy, I buy faster, what you want?"

The man accepted her kind offer and told the Auntie to packet Nasi Lemak for him.

Although me was staring at the Auntie, she seemed not to notice my dagger stare and continued to queue up as if nothing happened.

In my mind I was thinking, why these people like that huh? Cannot see that all of us were also queuing up meh?

Then that red-hair Auntie turned around again and called out to another man queuing at the end of the line, "Mr Tan, you also want to buy beehoon mee is it, come come, tell me what you want, I buy for you."

Lim peh turned around to look at that Mr Tan and discovered that he was a man about my age.

Mr Tan immediately declined her offer by saying, "It´s ok, I will line up myself. Thanks"

The Auntie like really cannot take "No" as an answer continued to say, "come la, no need to be shy one la, if not you have to wait very long."

That´s it!

One person cut queue still not enough now offering another one. Guess if me kept quiet, there might be the 3rd, 4th and Xth ones down the road.

Lim peh looked at the Auntie and said, "Hello, why are you buying for others? Can´t you see that there are many of us queuing up too? Why not you buy for everyone behind me? It´s not fair to the people queuing up, right?"

The Auntie was stunned and said, "He is my friend."

"So what if he is your friend? If the person is your child, I won´t mind."

I think that Auntie was really stunned that someone dare to actually interfere into her business of offering to buy thus kept quiet after that or maybe my black face really very fierce.

What surprised me was that of all the people queuing behind me, none said anything. They just kept quiet and watched the free show, dare not even breathe too loud.

Come on, if the person you are offering to help is an elderly, a pregnant lady or a handicap person, I won´t mind to let them cut the queue but those 2 were healthy men.

Even now when me think about the incident, me still angry.

Guess at times, Singaporeans are just too timid and submissive and dare not even voice out their unpleasantness even if unfairness is done to them.

Will you voice out like lim peh or will you just keep mum cos "it´s none of my business"?

lim peh kong wan liao

PS: Now that I think back, I was rather surprised at my harsh word towards the Auntie, maybe there and then, a hungry man was an angry man.

Labels: ,

Related Posts with Thumbnails

30 Comments:

  • At Friday, June 01, 2007 1:12:00 PM , Blogger Just another guy said...

    Think you need a holiday away from this city. =)

     
  • At Friday, June 01, 2007 5:25:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    singaporean are all nice guy mah....i love your post. will be coming back for more....joe

     
  • At Friday, June 01, 2007 7:16:00 PM , Blogger lauhero said...

    oldbeng ah oldbeng, you should actually ask the red hair aunty to buy for you also and buy yours first since she's so eager to help others (know or don't) doesn't matter anymore and ask other to ask her to buy also since she like to do the services so much, then there will be no queue mah, and you peoples can sit down and wait for her to deliver your order to you mah, not tire and sweating.

     
  • At Friday, June 01, 2007 10:23:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You are too patient a person. If it were me, I would have "complained" when she called out the first man. Most singaporeans are very bully-able. And that's why...... (self-censored, since you don't want that "type" of topics on your blog. keke).

     
  • At Friday, June 01, 2007 10:30:00 PM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    Simpleguy
    that's a good idea but now cannot leh, maybe year-end...can't wait to be touring again.

    Inlink5
    Sure we are all nice guys, in fact sometimes too nice liao.

    Lau Hero
    Ha ha ha , you very funny and KL but I like :)

    Anonymous
    You are right, as age is catching up, I find myself more and more patient liao. Thanks for the self-censored :)

     
  • At Friday, June 01, 2007 10:31:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The lady deserve scoulding.. She too much lah. This type of people cannot give chance!

     
  • At Friday, June 01, 2007 10:47:00 PM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    Moon
    I didn't really scold her but my words were not pleasant as well. As a matter of fact, my words were quite harsh and my tone was very unfriendly. Guess most of us (with a little bit of temple) will sure give her a piece of our mind :)

     
  • At Saturday, June 02, 2007 12:53:00 AM , Blogger Whiskoffee said...

    Old Beng, you are my hero!

     
  • At Saturday, June 02, 2007 5:12:00 AM , Blogger 阿祥 said...

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At Saturday, June 02, 2007 5:15:00 AM , Blogger 阿祥 said...

    lickily a hungry man is not a horny man!

    kekeke!

     
  • At Saturday, June 02, 2007 11:43:00 AM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    Whiskoffee
    Huh? Like that also become hero :) No la, just felt that it wasn't fair to the others who were queuing up.

    阿祥
    I got your point la, no need to post twice, the word you are stressing here is horny but red hair Auntie!! Pengz!! @_@"""

     
  • At Saturday, June 02, 2007 1:13:00 PM , Blogger socute333 said...

    hey if i were you i will also tell her off (after i tahan the first one, i will not keep quiet about the second one)... if your words were not harsh enough, she will fight back at you, and continue her nonsense...

     
  • At Saturday, June 02, 2007 6:12:00 PM , Blogger 阿祥 said...

    wrong grammer ma!

     
  • At Saturday, June 02, 2007 8:54:00 PM , Blogger manic depressive said...

    i hate people who cut queues. and they're everywhere! especially at bus interchanges and once at a taxi queue i was totally 'transparent' to this pair of china guys who were going to board the taxi which was meant for me. i immediately stopped them and told them that there was a queue and that was my taxi. i got stares from everyone cos i spoke quite loudly. what..they think they're not locals then i will keep quiet meh? no way lah. lao niang not for bullying one ok!

     
  • At Sunday, June 03, 2007 2:23:00 PM , Blogger Trudy said...

    Old Beng

    its ok la, some people need to be reminded lo. especially those whom not sensitive enf :)

    Qing.

     
  • At Sunday, June 03, 2007 10:50:00 PM , Blogger .亮 said...

    说得好,骂得好,教训得好!那种不知礼貌的老姨不值得尊敬。

     
  • At Monday, June 04, 2007 2:29:00 AM , Blogger Whiskoffee said...

    Wahahahaahahah!

     
  • At Monday, June 04, 2007 2:31:00 AM , Blogger Whiskoffee said...

    Makes me wonder...

    If the lady is not an old auntie but a mei mei who is very swee... and all the friends hse helped are very swee mei meis... will old beng still stand up for fairness and justice? =)

    Heh heh! =p

     
  • At Monday, June 04, 2007 10:13:00 AM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    Hiao Auntie
    Hey, we 2 sama sama leh :)

    阿祥
    I know la... :)

    Manic D.
    Yes, I also hate those inconsidate people who just cut queue like nobody´s business. Thumbs up for you

     
  • At Monday, June 04, 2007 10:29:00 AM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    清子
    Yeah, you are right. Guess I could be less harsh then but again sometimes too lenient will not bring the message clearly across.

    .亮
    看来你和我一样,遇到不平肯定会 “出声” :)

    Whiskoffee
    20 years ago I may have some difficulty in deciding to voice out or not but now? Positively sure that I will voice out even they are pretty young girl girl.

    Hmmm.... guess you will keep quiet hor? :)

     
  • At Monday, June 04, 2007 11:18:00 AM , Blogger Puffy Eyes said...

    Good Job, Old Beng! I support you all the way!

    I hate pple who cut queue! Some pple just so thick skin one. Must make sure you scold her till 狗血淋头!!

     
  • At Monday, June 04, 2007 11:59:00 AM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    Puffy Eyes
    Kam siah for your support but no need so fierce la, scold until 狗血淋头, guess must be extra careful when dealing with you, ha ha :p

     
  • At Monday, June 04, 2007 10:29:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    >> What surprised me was that of all
    >> the people queuing behind me, none
    >> said anything
    becoz your said everything liao mah LOLz

    or maybe becoz they don't sweat with small stuffs? kekekeke ...

     
  • At Monday, June 04, 2007 11:10:00 PM , Blogger Whiskoffee said...

    After watching the 200 pounds beauty, although I laugh at the drivers who defer to the pretty Jenny (u will know wat I am talking abt if u have watched the show), I ain't sure if I will behave like them too. =p

     
  • At Tuesday, June 05, 2007 12:28:00 AM , Blogger 189person said...

    In this case, do you think the stall owner need to do something as well..?

    I experienced once that the stall owner refused to serve those trying to cut queue.

     
  • At Tuesday, June 05, 2007 9:25:00 AM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    Slurp
    >>> or maybe becoz they don't sweat with small stuffs?
    You mean I more petty la, sweat over small stuffs like aunties do? =_="""

    Whiskoffee
    When you chanced into such incident, then you tell us your reaction hor.

    189person
    You have a point, the stall owner should also play a part on queue-jumpers then lim peh can save my energy telling queue-jumpers off.

     
  • At Tuesday, June 05, 2007 12:42:00 PM , Blogger Puffy Eyes said...

    But some stall owners chose to serve those queue cutter wor... :(

     
  • At Tuesday, June 05, 2007 4:27:00 PM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    Yar lor, those stall owners really something wrong la, why served the queue-jumpers first leh? Maybe some were not awared that they jumped queue? Another type of stall owners I dont like is when they serve their friends first despite a long queue is formed.

     
  • At Friday, June 15, 2007 5:11:00 PM , Blogger Mockingbird said...

    饿人就是恶人。

     
  • At Friday, June 15, 2007 6:18:00 PM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    Mockingbird
    我不是恶人,我不是恶人。=_="""

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home