lim peh ka li kong 令伯卡你讲

Skill and style of telling stories is as per what you see - Singlish plus Hokkien dialects. Kam siah for coming into my BLOG and read, thank you! All content is copywrite "Old Beng" unless otherwise noted.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Early CNY 捞起

lim peh ka li kong

Last night, me finally met up with Ipromise for dinner since he came back from China. This man ah, very the busy one, fly in, fly out until so difficult to catch hold of him. Thus once he called for a dinner, me was more than glad to oblige. Sure la, got dinner how can miss?

Anyway, it was sort of a last minute invitation and we met at Traders Hotel. We were expecting to meet a mutual friend of ours, a lady with a pet dog. (I was a little nervous as I have never met her in person before).

When me reached there, Ipromise was already sitting in the lobby, very busy looking around. Hmmm, was he looking out for me or just bio-ing the girl girl? A short while later, the lady with a pet dog arrived but of course, without her dog this time round.

We had our dinner at Cafebiz and all 3 of us settled for the buffet dinner. There was a wide variety of food, Eastern, Western, Japanese, nice soup, ice-cream etc. (Thinking of it now makes me drool).

What surprised us was that there was "Yu-Sheng" 鱼生 available. 3 of us had our early CNY "捞起", the first before the CNY, Woohoo. We 捞 the 鱼生 high high and me kept saying "步步高升" and "Salary High High"; Lady only said "Pretty Always", ha ha.

3 of us started to eat at around 7:45 pm and did not stop until probably around 10:20 pm. OMG!! 2 and a half hours? Think we were not aware of the time and we ate and talked, talked and ate until the waiter told us that they were closing the buffet section.

It's always fun and interesting to meet people you have not met before but knew them only via the Cyber World.

As Old Beng has the characteristic nature of a Cinderella, I had to bid good bye to 2 of them.

It was really nice to have a sumptuous dinner as well as the great companion of friends who are able to chat openly.

It was a great night as Old Beng was accompanied by the knowledgeable man, Ipromise as well as a pretty, gorgeous lady.

lim peh kong wan liao

Labels:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

18 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, January 25, 2006 1:04:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Old Beng,
    My pleasure knowing both of you. I will bring my pet dog with me in out next meeting. Haha, I didn't know what to say during the 'loh hei', I guess all girls want to be pretty always. Being so particular about my look and face, I suppose both you would have guessed I'm a vain-pot! Haha!! Very thickskinned,hor? Were you scared about the ghostly encountered I've mentioned to both of you?? I was scared when I came home, I didn't dare to step into my kitchen for a glass of water.

    Ipromise,
    It was great knowing you. I hope next year, this time, I'll be calling you..ohh, better not mention it out otherwise my dream won't come true..haha!!!

    Three of us will meet again, and there'll be an addition of one more person....Cha Bo Lang.

     
  • At Wednesday, January 25, 2006 2:44:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Glad that both of you can make it on the rather short notice.

    Beng, when I saw you, I was looking around alright. I was looking to make sure you didn’t bring all your kids along.

    As Beng and I sat waiting in the lobby, a lady who looked like a famous actress approached us. It was only when she got real close that we realized it was our lady friend. She looked great and the other guys in the lobby were looking on, in envy of Beng and me. I was reminded of a Chinese quote then – something about a flower being stuck on a pile of cow’s something. (Don’t get angry Beng, I’m only referring to myself)

    The Yu Sheng was okay but the oysters looks like they’ve been on a diet for a long time. Not as meaty and fresh as the ones in ZhanJiang. The other food was ‘ma ma teh’ except for the kang kong cuttlefish, which was specially prepared by a beautiful Chef.

    Ms Lou Hei, this time next year and in the following years, if I have to call you something else, I hope it’s to my advantage.

    It was really nice to see my good friend, Beng, again and finally meeting the lady whom I’ve been looking forward to meet for quite some time.

    ipromise

     
  • At Wednesday, January 25, 2006 2:56:00 PM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    Lady with a dog
    Thank you for turning up to meet 2 old men, our pleasure to meet you.

    Yeah, your ghost encounter was really scary.

    Sure, my cha-bo-lang will be more than happy to meet you.

    Ipromise
    The other guys were looking at us? I didn't notice however me saw other girl girl looking at us and they must be real jealous of our lady friend who was accompanied by 2 nice men, ha ha.

    Thanks for arranging the dinner.

     
  • At Wednesday, January 25, 2006 6:27:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hmmmm....wonder why your wife didn't go?

     
  • At Wednesday, January 25, 2006 7:02:00 PM , Blogger noeyesee said...

    yo uncle beng and ipromise
    u 2 can really eat huh, 2 and a half hours?

     
  • At Wednesday, January 25, 2006 11:04:00 PM , Blogger Elydia said...

    looks like u all really had a good time chit chatting... so nice... but hor i still screwing my brain thinking who is the lady with a dog? Muahahahhaaa.... :Þ

    Always blur like sotong 的four-leaf clover.

     
  • At Thursday, January 26, 2006 4:05:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Mr.Lim,

    Happy Chinese New Year to you and your family.


    Warmest regards,

    Ling

     
  • At Thursday, January 26, 2006 3:15:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i think i noe who.the girly has long long hair one in the profile.

     
  • At Friday, January 27, 2006 12:36:00 PM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    Anonymous aka talented mum with 3 kids

    Don't picah lobang, can?

    Kam siah :)

     
  • At Friday, January 27, 2006 7:10:00 PM , Blogger sÞ¡ηηєє said...

    Happy Chinese new year!

     
  • At Friday, January 27, 2006 10:13:00 PM , Blogger F¡яєвџяN said...

    happy CNY oldbeng!

     
  • At Saturday, January 28, 2006 5:16:00 AM , Blogger socute333 said...

    wah sounds like so much fun leh... eh old beng, when wan to blanjah me go buffet... i can really eat 1... jio me lah

     
  • At Saturday, January 28, 2006 11:19:00 AM , Blogger TheBlurQueen said...

    Beng, here's wishing you & cha bo lang "A Hepi & Prosperous New Year"
    Gong Xi Fa Cai..Hongbao Na Lai...

     
  • At Saturday, January 28, 2006 11:27:00 AM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    ling_n_pebble, spinnee, fireburn, ipromise and mama dewi,

    Happy New Year to you too!

    Hiao peach
    Ok, next round's outing will jio you esp the makan outings, you must come ok?

     
  • At Saturday, January 28, 2006 1:34:00 PM , Blogger socute333 said...

    old beng: should i bring my hamster along? if not, how you identify me???

     
  • At Wednesday, February 01, 2006 11:34:00 AM , Blogger sÞ¡ηηєє said...

    Low Hei is fun!!!!

    This is the only sweet dish I super like.. can eat this for a few days straight!

     
  • At Friday, February 03, 2006 2:44:00 AM , Blogger Xorpheus said...

    Mr. & Mrs Beng,

    GONG HEI FA CHOY! :)

     
  • At Friday, February 03, 2006 3:34:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Mr Old Beng

    Happy Chinese New Year to you and your family.

    May the Year of the Dog be good for all Bengs.

    Leslie ;-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home