Favourite English Songs
This is the blog-site which I saw:-
* source from "Ghost" *
Old Beng's Favourite English Songs
1. Love, Me : Collin Raye
"...between now and then, till I see you again, I'll be loving you, Love me..."
* All time favourite *
2. Just Tell Me You Love Me : England Dan & John Ford Coley
"...just tell me you love me, whisper words I've so long to hear..."
* A song which Old Beng sang to his Cha-bo-lang *
3. Without You : Harry Nilsson
"...I can't live, if living is without you..."
* Original version, not the one sang by Air Supply or Mariah Carey *
4. Stories : Chi Yu
"Now I'm standing here, no one to wipe away my tears..."
* One of the few Chinese Single who can sing an English song well *
5. Papa : Paul Anka
"...Growing up with him was easy, time just flew on by,
The years began to fly, He aged and so did I..."
* A song that makes Old Beng think of his late father everytime he heard the song *
6. Careless Whisper : George Michael
"...So I'm never gonna dance again, the way I danced with you.."
* A classic *
7. Goodbye Girl : David Gates
"All your life you've waited, for love to come and stay ..."
* A nice song to be listened to on rainy nights *
8. The One You Love : Randy Vanwarmer
"... Are you gonna stay with the one who loves you, or are you going back to the one you love ..."
* 2 is company and 3 is a crowd, hope nobody will face such situation *
9. I Don't Want To Talk About It : Rod Stewart
"I don't want to talk about it, how you broke my heart,
if I stay here just a little bit longer, if I stay here,
won't you listen to my heart, my old heart..."
* Perfect song, perfect lylics, perfect voice for the song *
10.Sometimes When We Touch : Dan Hill
"...And sometimes when we touch, the honesty's too much,
And I have to close my eyes and hide...
...I wanna hold you till the fear in me subsides..."
* A must sing song in Karaoke *
11.Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word : Elton John
"...Why can't we talk it over...sorry seems to be the hardest word..."
* Heard this song once at late late night over the radio and gosh, how it touched my heart *
The above Oldies are usually appreciated by oldies, people like Old Beng. For those who have never heard of them are probably too young, but then again, songs are very subjective.
Will share my favourite Chinese and Cantonese Songs later.