lim peh ka li kong 令伯卡你讲

Skill and style of telling stories is as per what you see - Singlish plus Hokkien dialects. Kam siah for coming into my BLOG and read, thank you! All content is copywrite "Old Beng" unless otherwise noted.

Monday, October 17, 2005

Favourite English Songs

I was reading a blog from a blogger by the nick name of "Ghost" and decided to share my favourite songs with you too.

This is the blog-site which I saw:-
  • Ghost's top ten

  • * source from "Ghost" *

    Old Beng's Favourite English Songs

    1. Love, Me : Collin Raye
    "...between now and then, till I see you again, I'll be loving you, Love me..."
    * All time favourite *

    2. Just Tell Me You Love Me : England Dan & John Ford Coley
    "...just tell me you love me, whisper words I've so long to hear..."
    * A song which Old Beng sang to his Cha-bo-lang *

    3. Without You : Harry Nilsson
    "...I can't live, if living is without you..."
    * Original version, not the one sang by Air Supply or Mariah Carey *

    4. Stories : Chi Yu
    "Now I'm standing here, no one to wipe away my tears..."
    * One of the few Chinese Single who can sing an English song well *

    5. Papa : Paul Anka
    "...Growing up with him was easy, time just flew on by,
    The years began to fly, He aged and so did I..."
    * A song that makes Old Beng think of his late father everytime he heard the song *

    6. Careless Whisper : George Michael
    "...So I'm never gonna dance again, the way I danced with you.."
    * A classic *

    7. Goodbye Girl : David Gates
    "All your life you've waited, for love to come and stay ..."
    * A nice song to be listened to on rainy nights *

    8. The One You Love : Randy Vanwarmer
    "... Are you gonna stay with the one who loves you, or are you going back to the one you love ..."
    * 2 is company and 3 is a crowd, hope nobody will face such situation *

    9. I Don't Want To Talk About It : Rod Stewart
    "I don't want to talk about it, how you broke my heart,
    if I stay here just a little bit longer, if I stay here,
    won't you listen to my heart, my old heart..."
    * Perfect song, perfect lylics, perfect voice for the song *

    10.Sometimes When We Touch : Dan Hill
    "...And sometimes when we touch, the honesty's too much,
    And I have to close my eyes and hide...
    ...I wanna hold you till the fear in me subsides..."
    * A must sing song in Karaoke *

    <<>>

    11.Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word : Elton John
    "...Why can't we talk it over...sorry seems to be the hardest word..."
    * Heard this song once at late late night over the radio and gosh, how it touched my heart *


    The above Oldies are usually appreciated by oldies, people like Old Beng. For those who have never heard of them are probably too young, but then again, songs are very subjective.

    Will share my favourite Chinese and Cantonese Songs later.

    Labels: ,

    Related Posts with Thumbnails

    19 Comments:

    • At Monday, October 17, 2005 5:35:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

      Old Mr Beng

      you are talking of songs or 'song' hei dun get me wrong okay, wat i mean is u dun sing but only listen, hear the songs and song y y right bubby...now u really really bloody good life there (ur office and company u work in) can listen songs lah, can blog lah...anyway ur boss not in n u r the seniors liao si bo?

      I know u wan 2 tell me that I'm the same here (where i work)dun admire I playing hide n seek wz boss and IT pples and waiting 2 get F by them, now here I'm facing all the arrows lah, canon ball lah, the XYZ things and the most cruel is pples with THE GOLDEN FINGER, u agree?

       
    • At Monday, October 17, 2005 5:38:00 PM , Blogger 孺子牛 said...

      lau hero,

      Same same here.

       
    • At Monday, October 17, 2005 5:44:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

      lau hero

      I saw that you have been writing quite a bit of reply to uncle old beng in lengthy comments, since you like to write so much, go start your own blog lah, I sure to visit your blog.

      fm: no eyes see see

       
    • At Monday, October 17, 2005 5:57:00 PM , Blogger Old Beng said...

      lau hero
      No lah, you are wrong, not that my boss not in, because my table is right at the end and computer screen not expose to people walking past me so nobody knows I am reading emails and blogging.

      Me good life in office? Ha ha grass always looks greener at the other end. Think will write something about my colleagues later.

      no eyes see see
      This lau hero is one of my personal buddy that's why he knows me and my family quite well :)

      I have also encouraged him to start his blog but..... what can I say?

      Lau hero, you slow motion ah? Start your blog la, then I can go and leave my comments in your blog ha ha :p

       
    • At Monday, October 17, 2005 6:19:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

      Blogging my own, let me consider no promise. wat to write is a headache, I no good in words and writing, complaint more is my type but then tis may lead to political issue and dun sway sway like the 2 cuckoo being cage up and tio 'sam ban' I alrdy poor man liao, looking now 4 a very good good and lucky place where I can go 'chang huay chwee' 2 change luck, any recommendation.

      no eyes see see,

      R U BLIND?????

       
    • At Monday, October 17, 2005 7:24:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

      hei another song u may like, 'Child' in english of in targalog is 'Anak' by Freddie Aguila since u have 12 of ur own. Think abt it......

       
    • At Monday, October 17, 2005 8:26:00 PM , Blogger Old Beng said...

      lau hero
      There are of course few more nice songs like "Heaven knows", "Hands to Heaven", "Hello", "It might be you", "Vincent", "How can I tell her", Because I love you", etc etc but "child" is not one of my favourite, as I said, very subjective la.

       
    • At Monday, October 17, 2005 8:53:00 PM , Blogger Nobody said...

      Wah....... U win liao lor....

      A lot of songs on the list, I never hear before.... n I thought I very old already.

      In fact only 6,9,10, I know.

      Cheers!!!

       
    • At Monday, October 17, 2005 9:39:00 PM , Blogger Old Beng said...

      Ghost
      Nothing to win or lose la, just that our generation is different. Interested in the songs I mentioned? If I have the time, I can burn for you.

      Thank you for allowing me to quote your site in my blog, kam siah

       
    • At Tuesday, October 18, 2005 2:20:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

      Beng, I like most of the songs you listed but 2 of my all time favourite are: "Tears in Heaven" and "Have I told you lately that I love you". I can play these songs over and over again while I'm using the pc.
      I'm very fond of music & singing. Maybe we can go KTV after our 'la kopi' session.

       
    • At Tuesday, October 18, 2005 10:09:00 AM , Blogger Old Beng said...

      ipromise
      Glad that you like the songs listed, so how shall we put it?
      "Wise minds think alike" or
      "Heroes share the same views"?

      The 2 songs you mentioned are nice songs but I am sure there are many many more but I cannot put all in, just a brief guide.

      Yes, KTV after la-kopi will be just nice. Er...you got sing Mandarin and Canto songs or not?

      BTW which area are you putting up at? North, South, East or West part of Spore?

      Email me if you want it to be confidential at:
      old_beng@yahoo.com.sg

      Kam siah.

       
    • At Tuesday, October 18, 2005 10:44:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

      Woei! china go space already, still old sentimental songs, let rap it up and hip hop men!

      "tears in heaven"??? go heaven got tear meh??
      "have i told u lately that i love u" mine oh mine! it too late.

      Confidential?? Wee! something fishy among men?

      666

       
    • At Tuesday, October 18, 2005 10:48:00 AM , Blogger Old Beng said...

      666 Angeline
      Young girls listen to rap and hip hop, Sentimental songs for sentimental men like us :)

      Confidentiality is to save ipromise problems of having many girls flocking to his house. Meeting for la-kopi and KTV is open to all.

       
    • At Tuesday, October 18, 2005 12:56:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

      lunch time break oldbeng, hell the all the figure n nmb make me sick. hei, at some point I juz wonder like lau heroine comment: tear in heaven, go heaven got tear meh, y not, heaven is all saint, n can u garantee there is KTV, shpg ctr, singapore pools, sport cable wzout mentioning those devil bar type of entertainment and fun plus u know 'drink' whatever.

      the other song: hv i told u lately tat i love u, y? y is it 2 late leh, all u hv 2 do is tell the 1 u love him/her, not late wat, saying no need money one wat unless u put ur whole self into the relation, hell it's late if he/she is others pples husband/wife, u b the 3rd party lah, it's common now, no offend hor.

       
    • At Tuesday, October 18, 2005 1:05:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

      oldbeng, tis mrng juz went in a singaporepools outlet then I heard tis song, tokyo square la u knw : within your remain am i right in the title n spelling. is tat wat u looking 4 last time searching high and low, 4get last time tell u drink daisy high low milk then u can find. hee hee high low milk?????????wat am i writing, so different in time??? wah ha ha ha

       
    • At Tuesday, October 18, 2005 4:35:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

      Beng, I live in the West and have no objection if the girls wants to flock to my place. I can do quite a few Mandarin songs and only one Cantonese. Will email you later.

      Lau Hero, the lyrics of "Within You Remain" is so-so but it does have a unique & catchy tune.

      ChioBu Heroine, I don't do rap or rape, and no hippity hopping for me.
      FYI, Eric Clapton wrote the song "Tears in Heaven", about the loss of his 4 yr old son. Contrary to what the title suggest, it's not meant as a sad song but rather about belief, optimism and reunion, presumably with his son in heaven.
      As for me, I'm not sure I want to go to heaven when I die, because I'm quite sure my tennis buddies will all end up in hell and I may not have any tennis partners if I go to heaven. I'll be crying if that happens and it'll really be "Tears in Heaven".

       
    • At Tuesday, October 18, 2005 5:06:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

      wow oldbeng ur songlists seem popular leh. anyway good 4 u n u can start ur midnight candle burning CD again, old or new generations songs suit me, I love those musical more, like those symphony orchestra n african beat kind of music. change of taste u must thkg, dun know leh, i feel it's kind of peace in mind, mayb the stressful enviroment cos, need 2 relax more

       
    • At Tuesday, October 18, 2005 5:18:00 PM , Blogger Old Beng said...

      lau hero
      You really write until song song ah? Go start your blog la.

      "symphony orchestra n african beat kind of music", wah, good taste hor.

      ipromise
      Yeah, I know the reason behind the song of Eric Clapton too, sad to have lost a child :(

      Ha, me also staying in the West, email me and we can exchange more info, who knows, we may even be neighbours.

       
    • At Tuesday, October 18, 2005 9:15:00 PM , Blogger 孺子牛 said...

      Old Beng,

      Burned the ten songs in CD plus I have myself for loving you and Stuck it to your heart, ok.

      Mahjong session akan datang, will email u.

       

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home