lim peh ka li kong 令伯卡你讲

Skill and style of telling stories is as per what you see - Singlish plus Hokkien dialects. Kam siah for coming into my BLOG and read, thank you! All content is copywrite "Old Beng" unless otherwise noted.

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Bloggers' Night Karaoke KTV Session

lim peh ka li kong

Last night, we had our bloggers' night karaoke KTV organised by Qin Shi Huang at the Toa Payoh SAFRA Club from 7 pm to 2 am.

The 5 confirmed showing their faces were Qin Shi Huang, Ipromise, Xorpheus, Monkichi and Old Beng me but 2 other persons also turn up - Xishi and my cha-bo-lang which made a total of 7 persons singing all night long.

Monkichi; Qin Shi Huang; Xorpheus; Xishi; Old Beng; Cha-bo-lang (left to right)

Monkichi; Qin Shi Huang; Ipromise; Xishi; Old Beng; Cha-bo-lang (left to right)

The ealiest bird was Ipromise followed by Old Beng and cha-bo-lang. As usual emperor was late (Piang, organisor also late BUT I already got used to it) Anyway the first half an hour was all to the 3 of us.

All of us showed our singing skills and of course there were some very good ones, wa-piang like listening to CD, especially Xishi, no horse run. If Xishi were the Karaoke Queen, then the title of Karaoke King that night was none other then Ipromise.

The worst singer was * ... drum-roll... * Old Beng me. Ha ha! Actually quite pity the others to have to endure my torturing of my singing. Think I can be part-time torturing terrorists with my singing at their ears.

My singing condition was bad due to the following reasons:-

1) My coughing still persist and my throat was really not suitable to sing; (But you know, everybody had to pay so if no sing, then lugi one so bo-bian must sing at least a few songs la)

2) The last time me and my cha-bo-lang went for Karaoke session was 3 years ago thus without practice our singing skills, if any, already rusty. (Horrible singing plus coughing halfway also don't care la, anyway they were the ones being tortured, not me :p)

3) A bit too shy to sing in front of the Karaoke Queen and King;

There were a few climaxes during our session which I must share with you:-

1) A mini-concert was performed by Monkichi with her tribute to Teresa Teng 邓丽君. Monkichi really sang like Teresa Teng.

2) Old Beng sang but forgot to bring his ladder cos he couldn't reach the high note without the ladder and eventually his voice broke and sang out of tune and 走音 until reached JB.

3) Xorpheus and Qin did some songs on BeeGees and man, really good until Old Beng me started to join in to sing "Tragedy". It was really a tragedy to all until Xishi the queen could not take it anymore and puke. To protest, she showed us her "No Eyes See" posture.

4) Old Beng and cha-bo-lang also did a few Duets and me sang badly but luckily my cha-bo-lang sang well and think probably the others knew that if they were to criticise my singing, I will show them my tiger and eagle so nobody dared to even show their slightest discontentment when we sang. Happy couples cos nobody dared not to applause.

5) Ipromise and my cha-bo-lang sang "Endless Love" and my oh my, they duet better than me leh. (No photo cos they scared I see already angry, but no la me where got angry just because of 1 LOVE song?) Actually while they were singing, me took the opportunity to go and sit between 2 pretty girl girl - Monkichi and Xishi. 6) Old Beng, think I was a bit drunk, started to dance when a few fast number songs were sung and how do I fare? Think my dancing was better than my singing and my blogging. (No photo was taken cos everyone was laughing so badly and could not possibly take photo with shaking hands)

Last but not least, here are some of the great photos.

The Four heavenly kings 四大天王 (Xorpheus, Ipromise, Qin Shi Huang and Old Beng)
The Charlie's Angels or Power Puff Girls? (Monkichi, Xishi and Cha-bo-lang) Sorry, no photo for this one.

Beauty and the beast (Old Beng and Xishi)
Old man and Young man (Old Beng and Xorpheus)

Karaoke Queen (Xishi)
Karaoke King (Ipromise)
Xorpheus singing
Emperor choosing songs (Qin Shi Huang)
Monkichi and Xishi - the best Duets in Town.
Following credits must be given to the following persons:-

Qin Shi Huang : For his great effort for organising the Karaoke night. We really enjoyed ourselves, kam siah brother.

Xishi : Melodious voice and good singing entertainment from her with the different types of songs she sang (Faye Wong 王菲,Jay Chou 周杰伦,Duet with Monkichi singing the male's portion)

Ipromise : Good manly voice and sang a variety of English, Mandarin , Cantonese songs. Credit definitely must go to his last song "Tonight will you come - 今夜你会不会来" which he dedicated to each and everyone.

Xorpheus : Jovial guy who sang nice songs and dared to duet with Old Beng me. And most importantly, he was our camera man.

Monkichi : English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Hokkien songs all sang by her. A real talented Karaoke singer.

Cha-bo-lang : Duet with Old Beng me and brought back the good old memories which we had.

After our Karaoke session last night, Xorpheus announced to arrange for the next Bloggers' gathering and no, don't worry, all are spared from my singing and we have decided without any objection to go for bowling instead. Good choice cos you will not be tortured by Old Beng's singing again.

lim peh kong wan liao

Labels:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

42 Comments:

  • At Sunday, November 13, 2005 12:25:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow..Mr.Lim..,luckily I didn't turn up. My voice will beat you down flatly..and scare all patrons away.Phew..at least you guys are still welcome over there for the time being.. :D

    Ling

     
  • At Sunday, November 13, 2005 2:02:00 PM , Blogger 孺子牛 said...

    We have had four jugs and five glasses of beer, considered a drinking session too for the five of us who drank to our heart's content.

    Next time I will bring along wine, soley to make sure Old Beng and cha bo lang drink.

    As usual, my lateness was due to the many reasons. This time, it was Xorpheus and I were drinking in the hawker centre before meeting up with all of you.

    I am looking forward to the next gathering. Ling, will you be joining us?

     
  • At Sunday, November 13, 2005 2:30:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wah Old beng.. u summarise the whole eevnt.. hehe no bad ah..nice to mit u and cha Bo Lang.. Both of u sing very well also hor.. haha btw send my regards to cha bo lang

    ipromise:haha.. will remmeber ur climax song forever.. really very entertaining.. keke

     
  • At Sunday, November 13, 2005 4:50:00 PM , Blogger sÞ¡ηηєє said...

    pity didn't turn up. i was watching tom yum goong ...haha

     
  • At Sunday, November 13, 2005 5:27:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Mr.Always-Late Emperor,

    ..Thank you for the invitation. Wow..you guys sing so well,aren't you guys afraid I might scare the hell out of you ppl?? Hahaha..:D

    Ling

     
  • At Sunday, November 13, 2005 5:34:00 PM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    ipromise
    Thanks for your consideration console but you are the Karaoke King not me. A-Go-Go is indeed outdated but glad that my dance brought laughters to all.

    Xishi
    Don't think I completely blogged on the event, please post something in your blog too. Same goes to Xorpheus, Qin and Monkichi.

    Ling
    Next round no more karaoke as all of them all scared by my voice. We are planning to go bowling.

    All who missed our gathering, please try to come the next time. Movie can be watched another day :)

     
  • At Monday, November 14, 2005 12:03:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Old_Beng,

    Your Cha Bo Lang can sing very well too! Don't forget to bring her along next time!

    Btw, you and ipromise missed out the highlight of the night when 'somebody' asked another 'body' to 脱掉 during a game of Chor Dai Dee.

    :=)

     
  • At Monday, November 14, 2005 12:06:00 AM , Blogger dandan...™ said...

    Can't wait to see those pictures!!
    Post once ready k?

     
  • At Monday, November 14, 2005 3:00:00 AM , Blogger Xorpheus said...

    Wahhhahaha...Old Beng I've email you all the pics liao. U sure you want to put up the pics in your blog?
    Guess, Qin and i really scare everyone out when we brought out our cameras....kekeke
    Oh ya the "Tragedy" song. I think we did it together very well leh. Don't you think so...

     
  • At Monday, November 14, 2005 10:10:00 AM , Blogger sÞ¡ηηєє said...

    I wanna white wine hor...

     
  • At Monday, November 14, 2005 1:50:00 PM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    ipromise
    Ha ha from mike to balls. So next one either to golfing or pooling then from mike to balls to holes, WAHAHAHAHA.

    Monkichi
    Huh! So happening ah? 脱掉, I guess must be Xorpheus kena by Qin since Qin is a better gambler.

    Dandan
    Next round of gathering care to join us too?

    Xorpheus
    Since I already mentioned to upload the photo, so must keep my words la. Yes I think we duet quite well but too bad Xishi "no eyes see" and puke.

    Spinnee
    White wine, red wine or champagne up to you to request, so long you turn up.

     
  • At Monday, November 14, 2005 2:44:00 PM , Blogger 孺子牛 said...

    Old Beng,

    How would an emperor ask a guy to strip?

    Here it goes, an old aunty lost two games, but she subsequently replaced it with a plate of fruits. She knew too well that if she strips, all of us would run out of the room.

    I Promise,

    You are indeed entertaining us. Thanks.
    Another highlight would be the seating arrangement. For future gathering, whoever is organising it, pl ensure Ipromise has the best seat.

     
  • At Monday, November 14, 2005 10:01:00 PM , Blogger F¡яєвџяN said...

    azi, fireburn busy getting married, hence didnt turn up....

     
  • At Tuesday, November 15, 2005 11:10:00 AM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    ipromise
    You are very right about the 千王, heng ah we left early if not I will probably lost my house and car to him. Lesson learnt, never ever gamble with 秦王 the 千王. Anyway, I'm a lover not a gambler.

    fireburn
    Marriage is very good and best wishes to you and your spouse.

     
  • At Tuesday, November 15, 2005 8:06:00 PM , Blogger Tracy said...

    Eh....funny leh...why cannot show us ur face??? All got scars on the face meh? Please lah, nowadays bloggers no need to shy shy lah. You see Blinkymummy & Xiaxue's blogs, all with alot of photos of themselves.

     
  • At Tuesday, November 15, 2005 8:38:00 PM , Blogger 孺子牛 said...

    Old Beng,

    The way you covered the face makes me laugh, so cute.....hahah

     
  • At Tuesday, November 15, 2005 9:46:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow...so handsome..so pretty! LOlxx.. ;-)

    Ling

     
  • At Wednesday, November 16, 2005 8:01:00 AM , Blogger dandan...™ said...

    all no face one?
    disappointed..
    =(

     
  • At Wednesday, November 16, 2005 9:19:00 AM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    Tracy
    There are 2 types of bloggers: 1 who shows his/her face openly and the other does not want to show his/her face.

    I will face life-threatening situation if I were to show the faces. Guess the only way to see all our faces is to join us in our bloggers' outing.

    ipromise
    Next time you be the Hello Kitty, the cat with no mouth.

    dandan
    Per their request and my promise, no face will be shown here, join us the next outing and you can surely see our faces. :)

    lau hero
    See answer above

     
  • At Wednesday, November 16, 2005 11:52:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    From the shapes of their bodies, ladies look ok but some guys really need some train-ups.

     
  • At Wednesday, November 16, 2005 1:07:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    nice pics...haha

     
  • At Wednesday, November 16, 2005 1:32:00 PM , Blogger Xorpheus said...

    HAHAHA...why cover my face? I'm fine with it being exposed.
    No worries.

     
  • At Wednesday, November 16, 2005 2:04:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Old Beng Uncle, y u cover these ppls face.

    Since u say u wan to put their photos on ur blog, u might as well dun put as we cant see their face.

     
  • At Wednesday, November 16, 2005 2:18:00 PM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    purple rain
    How's your figure? I reckon you must be very proud of your own body.

    Xorpheus
    What is done cannot be undone. You show yours in your blog, ok?

    Hello daphne,
    How's your school holidays?

    Yeah I agree with you that it is indeed a pity to show photos without faces but I had promised to block their faces before I upload the photo. I cannot break my promise.

    If you really want to see us, maybe you can join us in our next outing cos we don't wear masks. (Please, you have to seek your parent's approval before meeting with any stranger, ok? You can invite your mum along too)

    Don't know why but I have this funny feeling that you are not an eleven-year-old girl after all.

     
  • At Thursday, November 17, 2005 12:07:00 AM , Blogger dandan...™ said...

    Ur next outing is bowling..not interested lei..
    how ah old beng?

     
  • At Thursday, November 17, 2005 9:23:00 AM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    dandan

    Any suggestion?

     
  • At Thursday, November 17, 2005 12:01:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wah Lau, oldbeng,

    Lihobo, have not been on your blog for sometime, and now you have progress so far oredi. Keep it up. Nice photos.

     
  • At Thursday, November 17, 2005 12:34:00 PM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    ahbeng_chao

    Ha ha li ho. Long time no hear from you leh, where you go? Recently I accidentally went into a blog written by a guy call ahbeng 大哥大, is it your blog?

    So next round will you care to join us so Old Beng will meet young Beng.

     
  • At Thursday, November 17, 2005 4:24:00 PM , Blogger 孺子牛 said...

    Bro chao ah beng,

    No time no hear too. I thought you kena sued and landed in jail. hahaha.

    How's life?

     
  • At Thursday, November 17, 2005 11:18:00 PM , Blogger dandan...™ said...

    Hmm..Old beng..
    how abt Billard?

     
  • At Friday, November 18, 2005 12:28:00 AM , Blogger 孺子牛 said...

    Dandan,

    You like pool?

    There is another way of playing. I learned it many many years ago, and called it Sticker. There are few sticks placed at the side of the table whereby must try to bring the sticks down to score more points.

     
  • At Friday, November 18, 2005 9:36:00 AM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    Dear all
    How´s Dandan´s suggestion? To be honest, I can´t play billard at all, all my life probably played less than 5 times but I am ok to tack along if there´s a billard game.

     
  • At Friday, November 18, 2005 11:11:00 AM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    Another suggestion I can think of is to have a High tea/Lunch and to follow by activity of Bowling, SPA, Billards, KTV etc;

    You may join whichever group activity you wish but most importantly there is the makan session whereby all can sit together and talk.

     
  • At Friday, November 18, 2005 3:36:00 PM , Blogger 孺子牛 said...

    Old Beng,

    This time round you organise.
    Whether it is lunch, dinner, supper, breakfast, high tea, KTV, SPA, bowling, billiard, pool, swimming pool or pocket billiard, I am fine with it.

     
  • At Friday, November 18, 2005 4:53:00 PM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    I had organised our first meeting for Prata, Qin organised the 2nd KTV, can someone do the honour for the next one?

    Jade Falcon
    If I remembered correctly, you are Daniel from Hyundai right? Will you care to join us the nest round?

     
  • At Friday, November 18, 2005 6:19:00 PM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    lau hero
    Maybe we can organise to catch spiders, play marbles or fly kite?

     
  • At Friday, November 18, 2005 11:38:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Siao...cover all the faces,might as well don't put

     
  • At Wednesday, November 23, 2005 6:45:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    WOW!!! Old Beng & Co... seems like things are happening here! When's the next K session... love to join you lot! cheers...Ü

     
  • At Thursday, November 24, 2005 4:56:00 PM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    Hi pauc
    At last you came and left a comment, I waited and waited until neck long long.

    Can email to me with your contacts or not?

    old_beng@yahoo.com.sg

    kam siah you first.

     
  • At Tuesday, October 05, 2010 3:13:00 PM , Blogger 嘿嘿 said...

    哎哟!很像那些博士嘞!哈哈哈~~~

    酱贴他们,不生气才怪!嘎嘎嘎嘎~~~

     
  • At Tuesday, October 05, 2010 4:06:00 PM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    嘿嘿
    询众要求,没办法。

     
  • At Wednesday, August 05, 2015 1:26:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Beng, this is Ipromise.
    How have you been?
    I was surfing and decided to look up some of the people who have crossed(as in-passed thru and not getting me crossed) my life's path.
    Its fun and interesting to read some of your blogs(esp those which involves me). BTW, do you know that the SAFRA TP that we went, have been replaced?
    Look forward to see you again someday.
    Best wishes and regards to you & your missus (aka Cha Bor Lang)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home