lim peh ka li kong 令伯卡你讲

Skill and style of telling stories is as per what you see - Singlish plus Hokkien dialects. Kam siah for coming into my BLOG and read, thank you! All content is copywrite "Old Beng" unless otherwise noted.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

China Relatives

lim peh ka li kong

Last year, my relatives from China came to Singapore for a short stay.

Me, a very free good person, offered my service and brought them around for some sight-seeing and tasting of our local food.

I brought my China Uncle, Aunty, Cousin and Niece to the Hawker Centre at Ghim Moh.

After walking 2 rounds in the Hawker Centre, we finally managed to find a seat when a family left after their meal.

The table was full of their uncleared plates and used tissue paper.

I told my China relatives to be seated while I went around buying some food for them.

Thinking of letting them have more variety in our local food, I ordered Carrot Cakes (both black and white), Nasi Lemak, Fried Bee-hoon noodles and chui-kway 水粿.
While I brought the chui-kway 水粿 to the table where they were seated, my China Uncle saw a woman pushing a trolley walking past and he said to the woman,"喂!来把这些碗碟收了吧。"

The woman who was pushing the trolley stared at my China Uncle with eyes open big big and I had to apologize to her cos my China Uncle had mistaken her, a hawker, as the cleaner.

I told my China Uncle that he had made a mistake but he said, "是吗?她就象是个收碗碟的嘛。。。"

Anyway, I managed to locate a cleaner nearby and asked her to help us cleared the plates on our table.

On the table were some used tissue-paper which was left behind by the family before us and my China Uncle just took it to clean the table top.

Piangz!! I darn scared my China Uncle suddenly wanted to touch my hand. Luckily lim peh was spared.

On top of the local food in Ghim Moh, we also brought them to a Chinese Restaurant and had dinner. (Lim peh paid the highest price for the fish we ordered - $160 for 1 fish) 令伯一边吃着贵鱼一边流着泪。
What the fish!!

Lim peh kong wan liao
Related Posts with Thumbnails

17 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home