lim peh ka li kong 令伯卡你讲

Skill and style of telling stories is as per what you see - Singlish plus Hokkien dialects. Kam siah for coming into my BLOG and read, thank you! All content is copywrite "Old Beng" unless otherwise noted.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

A Dream

After I disclosed my true identity, many friends of mine started to ask me the reason for doing so? Even my wife questioned me on my motive, and she is one who reads but does not really care what I blogged.

It has been taunting me since then and at one time I even asked myself whether I had made the right decision in doing so but what is done cannot be undone.

Think this issue is really eating into me to the extend that I actually had a bizarre dream.

I dreamed that I was at home sitting in front of my computer writing Old Beng's tales when my wife told me that I had visitors. When I went to the door I saw an uncle standing outside my gate and with him was an army of children. (Have to use the word army cos that was how I felt when I saw them in my dream).

"Yes, can I help you?"

"lim peh ka li kong, I am Old Beng and these are my children." The uncle told me and all the 12 children greeted me loudly. "We come here to see you is to ask you why you want to delete us away? We do nothing wrong and also do no harm to anyone what? You know I even don't scold bad words one unlike some other bloggers who use vulgarity like nobody's business?"

"But....but I didn't delete you what?" I started to sweat when I faced Old Beng cos I could see his tiger and eagle on his arms.

"Yes, you did. You told the whole world that Old Beng does not exist and only you made it all up. You tell me now how? Where can we go? I have my cha-bo-lang and 12 children with me and we don't even have a place to stay now. What have we done to offend you? You cannot one day suka suka created me and my family and then another day delete us away, it's not fair to us. you know or not, now I even got fans who want to see me and my tattoo and ...."

"Old Beng, relax. I never say I will discard you neither did I say I will delete you. I will still let you have your say in my blog as and when you like."

"But it's never same again one la, by telling the world I do not exist and just a psodomy....pseu... don't know what you call la, you are hurting me badly. I think it is not right by disclosing openly even without asking my opinion. Furthermore, I think you got popular because of Old Beng me and my family and my tattoo and...."

"Eh...Old Beng, I didn't mean it to be that way you know? All that I am saying is that I may wish to touch on certain topics which I don't think you can comprehend thus I require myself to be blogging instead of you."

"You talk what? What topics lim peh cannot talk one? I everything also can talk and if I cannot talk I will get my cha-bo-lang to help me talk one."

"I...I..."

"No need I la, I want to tell the whole world that Old Beng and his family do exist and it is you who do not exist. Maybe you do not exist, Old Beng exists and created you and not you exist and created me."

At that moment, I woke up.

Gosh! What has becoming of me? Am I too engrossed in my own creation thus unconsciously having a double personality? Am I really existing and created Old Beng or like what he said in my dream - the other way round? It is he who exists and created me instead?

Hope I do not require the help of any psychologist or psychiatrist.

Anybody out there who can interpret dreams? Please share your opinion.

Labels:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

34 Comments:

  • At Thursday, November 10, 2005 12:25:00 PM , Blogger Tracy said...

    Poor you...stress till got a dream like that.
    Why dont you let Old Beng remain in this blog cos he rule this place first, and you create another blog. Talk to Old Beng again and I am sure he will forgive you. Both blogs can be linked and be good friends.

     
  • At Thursday, November 10, 2005 12:47:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Seems like you have difficulty communicating with Old Beng.
    Get help from Old Seng lah...
    Perhaps the Ah Seng / Ah Beng conversation will work better...
    Otherwise get help from Ah Thye....:)

     
  • At Thursday, November 10, 2005 2:22:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Mr.Lim,
    It doesn't matter at all..
    ..such dreams are beautiful and you have touched alot of ppl hearts with your down to earth attitude.
    Peb can't wait to wag her tail for you..down Peb,down!
    Have fun blogging and all the best to you. ;-)

    Ling

     
  • At Thursday, November 10, 2005 2:25:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Old Beng is just like a clone of the real u..

    now the clone wan to take over the real self.. scary.. hehe

    Relac lah... just be urself.. =)

     
  • At Thursday, November 10, 2005 3:12:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ha! Ha! Ha! (I mean Ho! Ho! Ho!), this is what happens when you insist on keeping those toys even though you don't have any kids. It's your conscience that's getting to you. But no need to see any psychiatrist. Just donate the toys to Salvation army or better still, give to me and you'll be able to sleep better.

     
  • At Thursday, November 10, 2005 4:11:00 PM , Blogger 孺子牛 said...

    Whether you are Old Beng, Young Beng or Not Beng, to me you are still the same.

     
  • At Thursday, November 10, 2005 4:22:00 PM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    tracy
    Think I will just remain "behind the scene" and let Old Beng take over the blog again :)

    关人隐士
    li kong si mi? What Ah Seng/An Beng? Somemore got Ah Thye? read until me blur blur :p

    Ling n Pebble
    Thank you for your comment. Pls scratch Peb's head for me. BTW What breed is your pebble?

    Xishi
    Clone?!?! Scary sia. Like the same situation in Stephen King's "The Dark Half". The pseudonym character also refused to disappear and worse, transform into a serial killer going after the author.

    Actually don't think Old Beng will want to take over me, though I wont mind to meet his Fiona look-alike cha-bo-lang :p

    santa claus
    Try searching for the toys but too bad all given to Old Beng liao

    qin shi huang
    Kam siah, same here whether you are an emperor or not, still my friend.

     
  • At Thursday, November 10, 2005 4:31:00 PM , Blogger dandan...™ said...

    日有所思,夜有所梦。。

    不得不信你已经写 blog 写到走火入魔了!
    你一定是常常在想今天要写些什么。。
    想着。。想着。。就做起梦来了。。
    不过,我还挺喜欢你的 blog 的。。
    写什么都好。
    不要在意读者的看法就行了!
    包你不会再做那种梦了。。

     
  • At Thursday, November 10, 2005 4:45:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Life is an illusion, to dream is the hallucination of an illusion.

    Injection and medication time!!, old beng.


    666
    Angel
    Director/Caretaker/Undertaker
    Insitute of Mental Health

     
  • At Thursday, November 10, 2005 4:49:00 PM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    dandan
    No I usually dont think too much about what to write. Old Beng's tales just come smoothly and if nothing to write, then I will post some of my old Chinese articles but thanks for your advice.

    Angie
    Choi!! Me don't want medicine, me will step down and return Old Beng his playground :)

     
  • At Thursday, November 10, 2005 6:49:00 PM , Blogger sÞ¡ηηєє said...

    Identity crisis will happen at one point of time in life, or maybe a few times.

    Doesn't matter u're old beng or not. You are who you are.

    Just be yourself. I think that's what everyone's expecting. :)

     
  • At Thursday, November 10, 2005 8:12:00 PM , Blogger dandan...™ said...

    opps..sorry..

     
  • At Friday, November 11, 2005 1:03:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Mr.Lim,
    Peb is mixd breed like the owner.
    ..not rojak with black sauce, but coleslaw with creamy white peppercorn sauce..., and a dash and two of hoisin and oyster sauce..yum!Hey, Peb..down,gal..down!
    Have a pleasant day! ;-)

    Ling

     
  • At Friday, November 11, 2005 3:10:00 AM , Blogger Xorpheus said...

    WHOA!!! That's scary.
    Come to think of it...Reveal ID???
    Reveal la. What's the big deal? You got to be proud of who you are anyway.

     
  • At Friday, November 11, 2005 9:44:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Old beng,
    Why not differentiate in blog whether your are writing under old Beng or yourself. Then we can have both personalities to wonder ?

     
  • At Friday, November 11, 2005 2:16:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ling, why aren't you going to the Blogger's nite KTV tomorrow? Details on this and Qin's blog. Hope to see you there.

    Let me know if you are bringing Pebble and I shall bring a date for her.

     
  • At Friday, November 11, 2005 2:24:00 PM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    santa claus
    You going for the Bloggers' nite?

     
  • At Friday, November 11, 2005 2:33:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yup, I promise I'll be there. I'll be wearing red & white and I also have a long beard.

    Is there a parking lot there for my sleigh and reindeers?

     
  • At Friday, November 11, 2005 2:39:00 PM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    santa claus
    So seriously, you coming? If you are please inform Qin. Or are you ipromise since you said "I promise I will be there" and you came to my house with bags of toys :)

     
  • At Friday, November 11, 2005 2:54:00 PM , Blogger 孺子牛 said...

    Old Beng,

    Come on, you should know who is Santa Claus.

    Santa Claus,

    Bring your ex wife along.

     
  • At Friday, November 11, 2005 2:59:00 PM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    lau qin
    ......... :p

     
  • At Friday, November 11, 2005 3:02:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ho! Ho! Ho!

     
  • At Friday, November 11, 2005 5:13:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Santa Clause,
    Huh! Where's Blogger's Nite KTV??
    Qin?? Uhh..,oh..that emperor who wrote Chinese??
    KTV..you mean Karaoke?? Singing?? The last time I sang, my friends told me to keep my day job..HAHA!!

    Ling

     
  • At Friday, November 11, 2005 5:43:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Huh? Huh?? Huh???
    Santa Claus = Ipromise= Oil4all???

    ..scratch..scratch head..

    Ling

     
  • At Saturday, November 12, 2005 2:08:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    LingLing, Santa only promised toys4all and not oil4all.

    Come and join us this evening. I promise you'll have a wonderful time.

    Bring Peb at your own risk 'cos Rudolph is a little 'horny' this time of the year.

     
  • At Saturday, November 12, 2005 2:29:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Santa Claus,
    OilOil! Is that you,really???
    You're the only one who calls me that..,..eeeik..ooiek..name... :D

    Ling

     
  • At Saturday, November 12, 2005 3:10:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Mr Lim, hope you don't mind Santa use your blog to chat with another reader of your blog.

    Dear Ling(x2), I guess Santa gave himself away by calling you that
    "eeeik ooiek" name.

    Stoney sends his regards to Peb and thanks again for the HK magnets.

     
  • At Saturday, November 12, 2005 3:35:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Santa,

    Hhbhah??? No need to thank me,I gave HK willingly.
    ..very confusing,ya.
    My nick is here to stay..,be it old or new YMB.

    Ling :-(

     
  • At Saturday, November 12, 2005 3:56:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Huh! Identification swopped!
    ..thumb prints needed for entering to this blog!
    ..Peb!..bite Stoney's ears!

    Ling

     
  • At Saturday, November 12, 2005 9:28:00 AM , Blogger Old Beng said...

    ipromise and Ling
    No prob to use my playground to chat, in fact your are more than welcome :)

     
  • At Saturday, November 12, 2005 12:19:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Na,..no probs about the HK magnets.To me, you're still slippery Oil.I prefer Oil..
    Huh??? Again??? Another one??You're that guy who was raped by the nuns in the park????
    ..oh mama mia..Ling is confused!
    That's it! Peb.,bite stoney's tail!!

    Ling
    Have fun tonight and enjoy yourself to the fullest.Oh,still playing tennis?

     
  • At Saturday, November 12, 2005 5:15:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi guys,

    Have a nice dai!
    Enjoy ur K.

     
  • At Saturday, November 12, 2005 5:27:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    OilOil,
    ..too small.Pebble will have problems searching for it..too bushy.We're talking about ticks in the ears,no? :D
    Tennis? Not anymore,it will confused my swings with my present sport I'm doing.

    Ling
    ..aah,if ever Peb bites that part..,that's the end of puppies story..woooo~~~!Feeeweeeet!!! Yeah!

     
  • At Wednesday, November 16, 2005 7:05:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Who is the most handsome guy in the photo ?

    I want him!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home